NEW - FireTV/Android Devices & Web Update (v. 1.1.7)

Not sure if this helps, but my FireTV stick 2nd Gen is working fine on 1.1.7 with my hardwired Tablo 4 tuner…as are my Android 6 and Android 7 wifi connected devices.
Also my Fire Tablet HD8 on 5.3.2.1 is working normally as well.

I’m having exactly the same issues. It does seem to be a networking issue due to the latest system update. Here’s some details in case they help the support team (happy to provide more if they want or try out different configurations they suggest):

Overall network setup is:

W.O.W. cable line hardwired to ARRIS SB6141 Cable Modem
Cable Modem hardwired to Archer C7 Wifi Router
Router hardwired to Tablo (IP: 192.168.0.108, Tablo device 2.2.12, HTML 1.1.7 build 3000456 [201612221507])
Router wifi connection to Laptop (IP: 192.168.0.116, Windows 10 Pro), which CAN connect via browser at my.tablotv.com
Router wifi connection to Samsung Galaxy S7 phone (IP 192.168.0.110, Android 6.0.1), which CAN connect via browser at my.tablotv.com, but CANNOT connect via the Tablo app (version 1.1.7)
Router hardwired to Fire TV #1 (IP: 192.168.0.109, Fire OS 5.2.4.0), which CAN connect via the Tablo app (version 1.1.7)
Router wifi connection to Fire TV #2 (IP: 192.168.0.112, Fire OS 5.2.4.0), which CAN connect via the Tablo app (version 1.1.7)

I’ve also noticed that since the update, UPnP doesn’t seem to work anymore for the Tablo. I have to manually go in to the router and configure port forwarding now to enable remote access to the Tablo.

Very upset. My tablo is not connecting on my firetv after working for a long time. The iOS app works and the web app works. What would cause the Amazon FIreTV app to just stop?

Check your TABLO app version. 1.1.7 might fix the problem if you don’t have it loaded already.

I can’t find the version number but it says last updated 12/23/2016. Still not finding my tablo after reboot of both FireTV and the Tablo box. Quality on my iOS and Apple TV and WebApps is also now terrible and no stream is watchable. very frustrating as I have never had this issue before.

I am having the same problem. New Tablo for Christmas and none of my Amazon Fire TV will find the tablo. iOS app and windows 10 App work without any problems. I have rebooted everything and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. So far no success on getting any of my Fire TVs to work. When setting up the tablo It did ask about installing a new firmware version.

I have been experiencing the same. I have tablo app ver 1.1.7 and amazon fire OS ver 5.2.4.0 and it stopped working on 12/24. There was au update on 12/23 that I think caused the lost connection. This is very frustrating. I have emailed support but because of the holiday, they are closed until 12/28. :unamused:

My Amazon fire stick is working OK with the TABLO app, with the Tablo app version 1.1.7, but right now the Fire Stick OS version is only 5.2.1.1

I’ll see if an update is available for the Fire Stick and if so I will apply it and check the TABLO app again.

No update for the Fire Stick today.

I’m running the same OS on my 1st gen Fire TV box. The Tablo app 1.1.7 works fine.

I assume you have a 1st gen Stick?

Best I recall it is 1st gen.

Been having the same issue on my second gen Fire Stick. Receiving “No Tablo Found on your Network” message since last week’s update. Tried deleting and reinstalling app, rebooting router and Tablo. Tablo works fine on my Xbox One and iOS devices.

1 Like

Same problem. Only workaround for me is to unplug ethernet cable to the fire tv box, and then wait for wi-fi connection to establish on fire tv, and then open tablo app to detect tablo. Seems the new tablo 12/23 update is causing fire tv to only detect tablo when connected via wi-fi.

I’m having the same issue over wifi. Pretty upset about this.

Thats garbage. They better fix soon. I purposely used a cable to get better throughput. I do not even want to try this “fix” as its not a fix. How can you only detect over wifi and not via hardwire? It is the same subnet.

Are you running 1.1.7?

Same thing happened around a year ago with Roku devices.

Any news on this front? I had the same thing happen and I’m -| |- close to chucking this thing out the window and letting all my friends on Facebook know why we moved to Tivo!

Not fixed for me. I’m pissed and looking for alternatives

I actually resolved mine by changing the network connection from my DSL Modem/Router(Arris NVG343BQ) to being plugged into another wireless router setup in access point mode. Since then i have been able to connect to the tablo receiver with all of my Amazon Fire TVs.
This makes no sense why this resolves my issue since all devices are on the same subnet behind the dsl modem.

Hope this helps