New Amazon Firestick can’t load Tablo App

I just received the new Fire TV Stick and it is not finding a Tablo app. I have it on the Fire TV but for some reason it is not available on the stick. Can someone help me get the app on the new stick?

https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-amazon-firestick-cant-load-tablo-app/9295/5

Glad to see it’s not just me. I’ll check back and hope for a fix soon

I’m in the same boat. Any ETA on a fix? :slight_smile:

Hi guys - We got the notification that the update with the fix was accepted very early this morning. Can you check to see if it works now? We’re still waiting on our new Fire Stick to arrive at HQ.

It is available for install and it installed but it is not working right. It starts at a “Prime Time” screen and the only thing I can do is scroll up and down that page and select a show from that page. Selecting a show is trial and error though because there is no selection box showing what is selected. Can’t get to the menu to change to recorded shows or guide.

1 Like

@TabloTV - I just received one of the brand new Amazon Fire TV sticks that came out today(10/19/16). I attached it to my Amazon account but cannot send the Tablo App or “Sync Content” to get the Tablo app on the new stick. Normally on my PC I can “Delever” the app to my Firestick but it doesn’t show the Tablo as an option. It does show other apps are available to be loaded though.

Not sure if this is a Tablo issue or Amazon but I am letting both companies know just in case. Anyone else get a new Firestick and have tihs issue? These are the BRAND NEW ones as of today. Thanks

I just spent 40 minutes online chatting with Amazon customer service and at the end, they basically said that @TabloTV will need to either tweak or develop a new app that will work with the Newest GEN Amazon Fire TV Stick

@crm1975 - Crud. Sorry about that. Looking in to this now!

I just got my new Fire Stick, as well. Same problem, not app available in the app store.

We’ve got a fix in QA right now. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Just got my brand new Firestick today. Already spent an hour trying to get the Tablo app installed?
Glad I finally checked here to find out it’s not me :slight_smile:

Will the solution to this be posted here?

Hi guys - We got the notification that the update with the fix was accepted very early this morning. Can you check to see if it works now? We’re still waiting on our new Fire Stick to arrive at HQ.

I was able to download an install the app, but it seems to be hung on syncing…

It finally synced, but it brings me to a page called prime time. I cannot navigate to any other menus or pages. I can scroll up and down, but the left and right buttons do nothing. I can only select the first program showing, regardless of how far I scroll down.

Also there is another thread about this. Could these 2 threads be merged?

Done.

Thanks for letting us know what you’re seeing. I’ve passed the feedback on to the dev team so they can get this resolved.

Actually it appears the left right buttons are working, but there is no indication of what is selected. If I page down, I think the top left program is selected. If I count the number of clicks, I can move right and select another program.

One a program is selected, I cannot select the “Rec” button, the only option is to back out. :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:

If I click the menu button, I do hear a faint click thru the speakers, but it does nothing.

@TabloSupport @TabloEngineering

I’m waiting to try it until I know the bugs are worked out, but I spent a lot of time trying to get the app to appear on the new Firestick yesterday. I’m using my old one for now but I am looking forward to using the new one.

@admins

Feel free to remove this post if I’m violating any guidelines…

For those interested, I was able to sideload the Tablo Android app from my HTC m8, and it appears to be working fine. So far have tested live TV and recordings. All menus appear to work, even settings.

1 Like