New Fire TV keep rebooting when using Tablo

Has the Tablo app been removed by Amazon for the new Fire TV? I can’t find it but I can if search on the older Fire TV.

I am getting the same thing on both of my new firetv sticks. It is super annoying!!! just a little studder in the video every couple of seconds.

Hi folks - Our new Fire TV has arrived and we’re doing some investigation now. Stay tuned.

Any update on the new Fire TV and Tablo app?

We’ve submitted a fix. Just waiting on the Amazon app store process…

Hi folks - The updated app is now live: NEW - Tablo App for Amazon Fire TV Update (1.3.4)

Still see the studder.

Ditto what Joe said…

Any word on this? I’m getting the same issue. Doesn’t happen on other apps either, just Tablo

Any update on a update?

There’s been a couple of firmware updates on the Fire TV side, but none have proven to be effective in fixing this.

We’ve also tried adjusting a laundry list of settings, but it doesn’t seem like there’s an easy answer for this.

We are still working on trying to find a solution.

I too tried one of the new Fire TV devices and experienced the stuttering issue, but not just on Tablo. I went back to an older 2nd Gen Fire TV that hadn’t been used for several months, and it was running an older software version. At first it seemed to work ok, and then it updated to the same software version that the new 3rd Gen Fire TV was running, and, the stuttering started again. So, it may have something to do with the latest Fire TV software version. Also, I have a new Samsung TV with the Amazon Video built in, and it has the same stuttering issue. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.

Also, on my setup, the Tablo playback quality is not nearly as good as it used to be with the older Fire tV product. It looks more like SD tv rather that HD. I also seems to vary during playback. Frustrating. Still waiting for Multi-Channel audio on the Tablo :slight_smile: