:( my.tablotv.com - DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials

my.tablotv.com no longer loads with DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials enabled via Chrome browser extension.

At DuckDuckGo, we believe the Internet shouldn’t feel so creepy, and getting the privacy you deserve online should be as simple as closing the blinds.

It wants to block cdn.amplitude.com and at times api.amplitude.com however when I open my.tablotv.com in Firefox with it’s own tracking protection enabled, blocking cdn.amplitude.com, it loads alright. :shrug: (Yes, Privacy Essentials in Firefox blocks page)

Just curious if there’s anyone using Privacy Essentials in Chrome and noticed recent changes trying to load my.tablotv.com as there’s never been an issue until recently.

1 Like

About a day or 2 ago , I also noticed that my.tablotv.com wouldn’t load in chrome, but didn’t connect the dots that it was because of DuckDuckGo. After reading your post, I whitelisted my.tablotv.com in the ddg extension and all is right in the world again. Good catch. :+1:

What I’ve deduced is there’s something specific with Release 2019-9-12 (a few days ago). I have no actual evidence… it shows 1 tracker found cdn.amplitude.com, nothing new here. If you hit it right, you may also see api.amplitude.com same as always. Nothing new with the page, as best as I can recall.

Here’s the silly/bizarre thing, I have both of those domains explicitly blocked in EFF Privacy Badger and it still loads, with out issue. Also have Firefox’s privacy setting set to block trackers (set to higher than usual), blocking these, and the page loads. Disable Privacy Badger, enable Duck’s Privacy Essentials - page appears to be in a loop, never loading.

So, from my non-developer, truly non-technical background concluded. Something in the newest versions “broke this site”.

reteritic

I had considered “blocking” amplitude.com from my router, but short of a proxy they doesn’t seem to be * wildcards for domain names, and if/when it’s a randomized token this gets pointless.

1 Like

I don’t remember that tablo ever stated that my.tablotv.com would work with every browser add-on or extension.

Oh well.

You bored again? I didn’t know anyone was claiming things “have” to work with their configuration… oh well.

Just to clear things up zip, https://www.tablotv.com/apps-compatible-devices/ recommends PC running Chrome - nothing more, or less.

Don’t you remember why it’s named Tablo Community Forum? When things did work, then don’t work, ask others who may have encountered the same issue.

Or if you don’t like to comradery approach - looking for help/answers > https://www.tablotv.com/support/ right in the meddle click on Ask Other
Tablo Users
and it will explain things… why I’d ask if anyone else might have experienced this – no one saying “this is suppose to work the way I say”

This is no longer an issue for users! :smiley:

With Version2021.8.13.36133 my.tablotv.com loads! with DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials enabled for this site.

The “big deal”, users using this, the web app wouldn’t load. They’d try all the wrong trouble shooting tactics and maybe even thought their DVR was flubbed up.

Now DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials is not an issue for web app users!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.