Missing local Channels

Old Tablo died, got a new one under warranty. New channel scan (repeated a number of times) would not pick up 2 local channels that I could access with the old Roku. Outdoor antenna located in the attic, amplification is off. I have adjusted the antenna a number of times without improving reception. All are broadcasting in VHF. Located in northeast Seattle. Antenna is aimed at the FOX tower which is the most distant. The ABC, NBC, CBS towers are closer are all on the same hill just a bit to the east. The PBS tower is a bit further east but closer. I can’t pick up FOX or PBS.

Any ideas???

My first thought would be to double-check all your antenna connections.

1 Like

The channels I am receiving come in great. No buffering, clear picture and sound.

The new 4th generation Tablo has an amplifier, turn it off and see if those channels are found

It is off.

Be aware that you’ll need to rescan channels if you change the amp on/off in the Tablo settings.

Also, what antenna are you using? Are you sure it’s rated for the VHF freqs in your area?

After checking RabbitEars.info, it appears that only FOX is HI-VHF. The number in parens() is the physical channel number.

My antenna is a ClearStream Max-XR - 60 mile range VHF/UHF Model C2MVXR

Based on the RE.info, this antenna should be able to receive the channels in your area. What is your distance from the tower(s)? ZIP Code? Recheck your cables, connections, and balun.

I really think the single best feature Tablo could ad would be a real-time signal meter.

Please vote here for this feature request:

It appears that KCPQ is broadcast on 2 physical channels…13 and 22, so you might investigate how this could affect your signal.

The FOX tower is 30 miles away. I was able to pick FOX up on channel 22 on a rescan with the antenna amplifier on. Channel 22 has never shown up before while I used to be able to connect to 13. I’m not sure what happened but I will take it as a win.

1 Like

Still can’t seem to consistently get the Fox channels. Their signal strength appears adequate, but they won’t show up on a rescan.

Try changing your ZIP Code to one closer to the tower broadcasting the channel you want. Then rescan and save.