MeTV in Portland Oregon has moved from 29-4 to 41-1.
The only problem is it doesn’t show up in a scan. There are 10 subchannels 41-1 to 41-10 and none of them appear.
Before I start down the troubleshooting path, can anyone else see these channels?
MeTV in Portland Oregon has moved from 29-4 to 41-1.
The only problem is it doesn’t show up in a scan. There are 10 subchannels 41-1 to 41-10 and none of them appear.
Before I start down the troubleshooting path, can anyone else see these channels?
Yes, Dallas oregon had a strong metv 21.3 signal for many years, now with their recent move to 41.1 its non-existent, diagnostics show 0/100 reception. Every time man improves its never so!
Well, I tried the usual things, rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc, and the channels haven’t shown up on my Tablos or my TV itself, so I submitted a ticket. We’ll see what happens.
KPME-CD is having broadcasting problems.
If your TV won’t scan it then the station is probably broken.
Yea, but shouldn’t I get some kind of indication? I have been scanning several times a day.
Indication of what? There’s nothing there to detect.
The bright green is noise. Static.
The blank space is nothingness. No signal at all.
Huh. According to the graph, yellow is relative strength undecodable signal, green is relative strength decodable signal.
They have a different meaning for decodable?
Are you able to scan and save channel 41?
I’m color blind.
No, there is no indication of a channel on either of my two Tablos or my TV.
Yea, I’m partially colorblind too. sucks getting old.
On the Hourly Graph for KPME, the green relative strength reaches ~50 and purple? relative signal/noise is ~80
At times there can be a perfectly good carrier signal.
But no data on the signal. It’s unstable due to technical problems which I presume are being worked through.
They could need to replace some equipment which may or may not be on hand.
I know for a fact that Tablo ignores signal without data.
I sent Weigel Broadcasting an email to find out.
I just got confirmation on AVS Forum that folks are currently watching KPME-CD 41.
You may want to try a rescan now.
Nope. Still nothing
When you go to Your Channels is it there? Is it selected? ![]()
Were you ever able to get KPME-CD 41 in the past?
Did you try to rescan just the TV alone?
He did say it does not come in on both his Tablo and his TV. You would have to turn it back on if you had turned it off after a Tablo rescan, but his TV itself?
He said in his subsequent post that he was unable to scan either device.
He did not specify that when I asked him the last time when he retried. After I got confirmation from other people in the area that they were able to get the signal.
He mentioned it in his second post.
Very useful contribution.
I just tried again on both Tablos and the TV itself and still no signal.
I haven’t heard from Tablo support on my ticket submission.
I have never gotten a signal on 41
Hi @papagnome,
We’ve taggged support, they’ll get back to you soon.
So, here is my journey so far.
My antenna and pre-amp are close to 20 years old, so I decided to replace both with a Channel Master Omni+ 50 and a Channel Master TV Antenna PreAmp 1-1-Port TV Antenna Pre-Amplifier. When I pulled the mast down, I discovered the cable had chew marks from the local squirrels. Even though the chew marks were old, I replaced the cable with a new RG6.
After all this, when I ran a channel scan, I got a couple channels I couldn’t quite receive before. However I am still not getting MeTV etc.
When I opened a ticket, this is the reply I got:
“If this is happening on your TV with the antenna itself, it is beyond our control.
You can check with your local station to see if there has been any changes to the station.”
I have contacted Weigel, but I can’t seem to find a contact for KPME itself. Anybody have any ideas?