Lolipop update problems

After my Nexus7 updated to Andriod 5.0 (Lolipop) I can not get the Tablotv app to work.  It usually just closes on its own as I am trying to watch recordings.  Sometimes it gives an error message about unable to read media.  Any advice?  

I have the 5.0 update for my Moto G phone, and here are my issues using Chrome (Tablo support has already been notified):
1. Any recording that was made prior to the 2.1.12 firmware update (July 7) works great.  No stuttering at all.
2. Any recording or live tv after that date will play one second of audio, no video, and then do nothing.
3. If I remotely connect to my Tablo via Tablo Connect, no video will play at all.

It will likely take a little bit time to get the new OS working with Tablo (like getting iOS8 working), but it does sound like their developers have the 5.0 release and are working on it.

@steve07 @snowcat is correct in saying that we’re looking at this now. There were a few issues with the native Android player is 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 so we implemented our own player - we’re just going to do some digging to see what’s going wrong - and where.

+1 - all of my devices running Lollipop no longer work for Tablo at all :-/  I can usually access the app and see recordings and such, but either a the app crashes or the thing never concludes the action I have requested (i.e. bring up recordings section)

Playback just doesn’t work at all.  Casting to Android TV (Nexus Player works for about 30 seconds and then hangs indeinitely.  Casting to chromecast never starts.

I wish I had Lollipop! With AT&T I probably won;t have it til End of next year :frowning: Lucky people

Lolipop breaks the current version of MX player on tablet as well. 

For those that have to get this working, KMP player does work on lolipop (as a Tablo “external player”) but doesn’t allow seeking within the Tablo stream… so basically its worthless.

First step is to enable ‘external player’ within the Tablo android tablet app.

Is the incompatibility related to Lollipop ART replacing Dalvik?

Just to add my voice and to keep the pressure on, I also am running lollipop now and the app/device is not working. Please fix as soon as possible! I was just starting to really enjoy the experience.

This is definitely a priority for us - we definitely don’t intend to ignore the 5.0 update. More to come soon!

Beta firmware seems to have fixed my web app issues in 5.0. The native tablet app however is still having some issues

This is exactly why I haven’t rushed to update to iOS 8 and Android 5.0 - new operating systems are bound to cause problems. Just be patient everyone, Tablo will fix their apps.

I downloaded the new web app for Android phones, and it fixed all my problems.   :)>-

All live and recorded shows play back now.  Tablo Connect plays back fine now.  And there is no stuttering at all.  Great job!

Nexus 10, updated to Lollipop on Wednesday. Everything works. Tablo connect, scheduling, playback on recorded and play live program via connect. I’m at work, and tested everything. Very happy because I love the Android 5 update (and Tablo of course :wink: )!

P.S. I did have one crash, but it came back with no issues. I’m not trying to discount the problems other Lollipop folks are having, I just think it might help the Tablo peeps to know it’s not broken on all devices.

All,

The Android app we launched today is compatible with both smartphones and tablets. I’d suggest downloading it - the playback issues don’t seem to be present there.

@TabloSupport I got a nexus 5 on lollipop and it doesn’t work through chrome browser or the new web app. It plays about one second of audio then just sits on this screen

For what its worth, I completely wiped my 2012 Nexus 7 and did a clean install of Android 5.0.  I am now able to play Tablo recordings to my Chromecast using the web app  (my.tablotv.com) from the Chrome browser.  The native app still does not work but I have to say the web app actually works better than the native app did, more responsive and easier to fast forward through commercials.    

For what its worth, I completely wiped my 2012 Nexus 7 and did a clean install of Android 5.0.  I am now able to play Tablo recordings to my Chromecast using the web app  (my.tablotv.com) from the Chrome browser.  The native app still does not work but I have to say the web app actually works better than the native app did, more responsive and easier to fast forward through commercials.    

I went ahead and did a factory reset and it fixed my issues.  Thanks steveo7.

Using the Tablo app via the Store on a Nexus 5 with Lollipop I can play all recordings.  Live TV only offers to schedule recordings, which I assume is by design.

BTW: any plan for a Chromecast function?  I would use Plex, but the Tablo channel on Plex is nonfunctional. 

@oldmike to watch Live TV on the web app you need to tap on the channel name (e.g. 4-1) on the Live TV view.