Live TV stops - Back to guide - Reboots when try to go back to chl

2.2.10 has been rock solid since the day it came out for me. Absolutely NO problems and the interface is getting better with each update.

I have the issue that Tablo identified with the changes to the video stream. That was a good catch on their part. I suspect that those who live in an area where these changes arenā€™t taking place is the reason others may not have seen it.

It happens rarely tho, and hasnā€™t happened in a while now. Could be that with summer hiatus and with the Olympics being broadcast, Iā€™m not recording as many channels now, so Iā€™m less likely to see it. With any luck, theyā€™ll have a fix in the next release in time for the fall TV season.

Putin is tampering with our OTA signals :japanese_goblin:

Probably more than one cause for similar symptoms, but mine were all on the Nexus Player and ShieldTV. Theyā€™ve not happened at all since loading the 2.2.11 beta.

Same issue here and itā€™s awful. I donā€™t even use my Tablo anymore to watch TV because itā€™s so bad. Iā€™ll give it a bit more time before I switch to Tivo and not deal with this. Itā€™s always Rokuā€™s faultā€¦according to Tablo.

Weā€™re having the exact same issue here. Frequency of it has gone way up during the Olympics broadcasts. On a typical night, it happens multiple times per hour. Very frustrating.

My tablo into a roku 3 is still reverting back to guide on a regular basis. I have to exit back to main roku menu to get it back.

I know they have said this is a roku issue, but after this long a time why isnā€™t it fixed?

I continue to have this problem. Worse yet, Iā€™m now occasionally seeing the Tablo reboot when it occursā€“as immediately attempting to continue watching the show in progress returnā€™s ā€œError: weak signalā€. Trying several more times in rapid succession will usually rejoin the show in progress.

@TabloSupport can you offer any advice/recommendations other than this is a Roku problem? Like many others, I watch all content through the Roku but no other app (Amazon, SlingTv, etc) displays this behavior that Iā€™ve seenā€¦

thanks in advance-

@stephenm27

Sometimes the symptoms can be similar, but the root cause of the issue is different. For example, simply reverting the video back to the previous screen is a known Roku issue (as weā€™ve mentioned before) that has been observed on other channels, and weā€™re hopeful that Roku is working to a address this.

However, the Tablo should not reboot as a result of this. If youā€™re seeing ā€˜weak signalā€™ error messages coupled with reboots, this is likely a very different issue with similar behaviour. Weā€™d be happy to take a look at your Tablo and see what we can do - just send a ticket to our support team.

Well, I have had the former issue for quite a long time. The latter had only recently been noted. I have logged a support ticket in the hopes of getting some resolution (before my wife finds and destroys the device that requires constant prodding to continue watching a live show).

Has Roku acknowledged this issue to you? Is it formally documented by Roku as an issue? Do they just stare blankly at you? I realize you donā€™t have a lot of leverage with them but you stand to lose a lot (as Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m not the only one whoā€™s left defending the Tablo to their family members). This single issue left unresolved will force me to seek an alternativeā€“not my desired outcomeā€“but usability of the device is compromised drastically as it is.

1 Like

For those that may have this problemā€¦

I have responded to the support ticket privately, but it appears the new Roku 7.5 update may be responsible for fixing my ā€œreturn to guideā€ issue. For the past 3 days, it hasnā€™t occurred and I confirmed tonight that my Roku received the 7.5 update on 11/12. I wonā€™t be confident for a few more days but historically I was getting kicked backed to the guide multiple times per hourā€¦it hasnā€™t happened in several days now.

Iā€™m not using a Roku but I am using 2.2.12 on a two tuner tablo which has no usb hard drive attached. Iā€™m just trying to watch live TV but I have problems with the video stopping and returning to the guide on AppleTV, iPhone 6s and my.tablotv.com.