Live TV no longer rewinding

I just received a ROKU firmware update from Version 8.1 Build 4090-46 to Roku Version 8.10 Build 4113-46. The rewind/ issue seems to have disappeared.

1 Like

Lets hope Roku sees their way to releasing these changes soon and distributing them among all the devices.

I received the update as well yesterday, and the rewind problem is gone.

Just to confirm Snowcat, you got updated to the Roku build 4113-46 and that was the fix?

Yes, I am on 4113 now, and the rewind problem is gone on the regular Tablo app.

What I can’t confirm is whether the beta Tablo app also fixes the problem or not. The Roku updated at 5:30 PM Central time yesterday, and that was close to the time I checked the beta Tablo app.

Our workaround that we’re testing wouldn’t have gone live on the ‘regular’ Tablo channel for Roku, so it’s definitely the 4113 Roku firmware that came through with the fix.

We’ll be keeping an eye on this over the next few days, but let’s hope Roku continues to push this new load!

Yesterday I uploaded the new beta Roku app, but I did verify that my Roku was updated to 4113-29 at the same time (maybe -29 is for Premeire+, while -46 is for Ultra).

I tested yesterday with the beta and the rewind problem was gone. But since the Roku upgrade fixed the problem, I have no idea if the beta solves the issue or not. Hopefully everyone with Ultras and Premieres get the Roku upgrade soon so it won’t matter.

Fingers crossed…no update yet on two Roku Express.

The Roku Express doesn’t have this problem, so you are good.

The Roku Express does have this problem.

Interesting. Mine is still on 8.0 firmware. I guess you have the 8.1 firmware.

Firmware 2.2.20 on Roku 3900x, 8.1 build 4.90.

My Ultra is running 4113-46 now so you may be on to something with the last two digits indicating specific model.

I just tested both the beta and non-beta Tablo apps and confirmed I still don’t encounter the issue.

The last 2 digits of the Roku OS build, do indeed indicate the Roku hardware model:
17 = Roku 4
04 = Roku 2 (2015)

Since a month or two, I’m not able to go back on live TV. When I try to go back, I just return to live TV at the real time. If I use “pause”, I’m able to see TV program at the right time until I try to skip the next commercial. At that time, when I try to go fast forward at the commecial, the program return at the actual time and I loose what was recorded. It was working well a month or two ago. What happens?

If you’re using a Roku with OS v8.0.1. build 4090 is the problem:

Tablo 2.5.1 app update seems to have fixed the live TV rewind problem on the Roku!

Hi folks - We’ve released an update to our Roku Channel (2.5.1) which should provide a workaround for the issue encountered by some Roku users (with firmware 8.1 Build 4090) that prevented scrubbing from working properly on some playlists, including Live TV.

2 Likes

The update worked for me. Was able to pause and rewind live TV without any further issues.
Thank you very much!

2 Likes