Issues After Updating to 2.2.6

So you’ve had to explain to your family, why you spent 650 on this stupid thing, every time it reboots, misses a recording, disconnects the hard drive, etc etc.
So you also had to go out and buy 3 channel master dvr’s to replace this piece of garbage just so you wouldn’t have to listen to their crap.
So you had to run a half mile of coax add power boosters to the antenna, just so you wouldn’t have to listen to crap.

Do me a favor you and the other fanboys go troll some one else
Cause you don’t know crap.

I know my Tablo works great with the 2.2.6 firmware on several playback devices, Roku 3, Fire TV box, iPad Air, iPhone 6, Nexus 5 and a Android tablet.

Oh and Chrome browser on 2 desktops and 1 laptop.

I don’t care how your system works, its still a piece of crap,
and since they wouldn’t replace it last year i doubt if they will this year.

If it’s actually defective, they are legally obligated to replace it. It’s called a warranty.

try telling them that

I’m sure someone of your stature has a lawyer.

way too many for way too little return

xxxx cccc xx cc

Everyone here is frustrated but being an jerk doesn’t make it any better.

2.2.6 was released on Tuesday, Oct. 20th. Everyone got it by Friday, Oct. 23rd at the latest as that was the general release to everyone. If anyone had any issues that weekend, they had 5 working days last week to deal with Tablo directly on the issue. Those days being Oct. 26-30.

See this thread for confirmation of the dates:

tablosuks - Maybe I was too subtle for you. You’re acting like an jerk.

1 Like

Just like i said complete idiots that released a upgrade on a friday , with no tech support on duty all weekend long.
And like i said the idiots at tech support, didn’t bother to read and comprehend that i had already gone thru the basic steps to get it working again, on an e-mail sent right at the end of the business day, so then you looking at a 24 hr response.
And don’t get me started about the phone number that just rings and rings without being answered.
But thanks for digging that up to show what i said was right.

Hey, here’s a potentially constructive question …

For those users having problems with 2.2.6 that were ok on 2.2.2 … is there anyway to roll back to that earlier version temporarily until these issues are resolved?

No, there is no way to roll back the firmware.

You are not right. You had all of last week to resolve your issue and contact them. Why are you complaining on another weekend?

Well, saying “no way” probably is a bit of an stretch, right? I mean, if they were sufficiently troubled by 2.2.6 they could re-label 2.2.2 as 2.2.7 and push it out. I’m certainly not advocating that but it would seem that if Tablo wanted to do it badly enough a way could be found.

Please keep all comments constructive. The last thing we need is a flame war.

1 Like

Because again all the old problems with the hard drive disconnecting came back again yesterday. I have reset and reboot a couple of dozen times just to get it to see the hard drive. This happened not just yesterday but all week long since i did the factory reset. I did a factory reset yesterday and today as well, just to get it to see the hard drive. And yes i tried new hard drives as well as cables still keeps disconnecting.

And again if you had bothered to comprehend you would see that i already went a round with their idiot tech support and said so.

So once again go troll elsewhere fanboy

Seems there is a second “factory reset” procedure available other than the press and hold the reset button until it flashes fast.

WARNING this will also delete your recordings****

. Unplug the power cord, hold the reset button, plug the power cord back in, waiting until the blue light flashes, let go of the button.

This took me back to 2.2.2, and is asking me to upgrade to 2.2.6. I think I’ll wait a few days though I was not having issues on 2.2.6…

1 Like