Issues After Updating to 2.2.6

@TabloTV - will do the full network reboot when I’m home later, I’ll share more detailed specs here:

• Roku 3 4230X running v 6.2., and Roku 2 (2015 version - 4210X)
  • Tablo 2 tuner is hard wired to TP-LINK AC1750 router
  • HD is the recommended 2TB Western Digital Elements 3.0 USB drive.
  • Tested Roku 3 and 2 over 5 ghz wi-fi (haven’t tested wired, but again, was working well on same 5 ghz channel pre-update). No walls to go through, and Rokus that I’m testing with are maybe 15-20 feet from the router.

Have tried rebooting Tablo and Roku, but not my wireless router (will try this and report testing).

Edited to add Roku 2 specific model

Hello All,

I’m a Tablo newbee (for about a month). Have had lots of problems due to the fact that I travel a lot and like to remote into my tablo to watch live stations at home and also to watch my recordings when out on the road. I’ve changed hard drives a number of times and the unit appears to be stable for a while but then I seem to experience many of the problems expressed in this post especially since upgrading to 2.2.6.

I’ve tried the simple one button short push to reset the unit but that doesn’t work at all on my Tablo. In order to get the lights to flash at all I have to remove the power, wait a few minutes and then start up the Tablo again. Sometimes this results in the unit working for a while, but, it’s inconsistent. Recordings are only partial. FF is sketchy at best, etc. etc. I like the idea of the Tablo and am going to continue working with it until “I” get it right.

My question is this, if I do a hard reset will I have to completely redo the 3 channels to be able to remote in to the unit or will the Tablo retain my router information? It took quite a bit of time to set up the router last time and I’m trying to avoid that if possible. And, will doing a hard (factory) reset fix all/most of these issues? I’m only going to be home for one day before starting my next trip so I’d like to achieve some success with a hard reset. I’m interested in any other suggestions the community might have for me.

Trying to be a successful Tablo user…

PFobia

I too am experiencing the slow loading when starting a recorded show or after ff or rewind. I am using a 4 tuner Tablo just upgraded to version 2.2.6 (the problem started after the upgrade and the upgrade to the new Roku preview app) My Tablo is hard wired to the network the Roku 3 (2015) is wirelessly connected.

The two upgrades took place about a day apart. I didn’t notice the problem after the Tablo upgrade but it was very obvious after the Roku Preview channel update.

Help please!

Open a Support Ticket, Tablo needs to delve in your logs to figure out why. This is also happening on my end.

I’ve done the full reboot in specific order…small sample size, but still seeing the issue. 3 ‘loading’ items within 30 minutes (generally on 2.2.2 I was getting maybe 1 every 5+ hours of programming or perhaps even less…was so rare it’s difficult to quantify). For what it’s worth it seems less severe than last night (the looping hasn’t yet happened, where it would get ‘stuck’), but still noticeable and present.

setup:

Roku 3 4230X running v 6.2., and Roku 2 (2015 version - 4210X)
Tablo Preview channel
Tablo 2 tuner is hard wired to TP-LINK AC1750 router
HD is the recommended 2TB Western Digital Elements 3.0 USB drive.
Tested Roku 3 and 2 over 5 ghz wi-fi (haven’t tested wired, but again, was working well on same 5 ghz channel pre-update). No walls to go through, and Rokus that I’m testing with are maybe 15-20 feet from the router.

1. Could you test either Roku on the 2.4 GHz band? Or possibly change the channel of the 5 GHz band? Interference can cause problems.

2. I mean if you hard wire either Roku just for testing purposes, this would take WiFi out of the category entirely.

3. What is the recording quality that you are using on the Tablo? If it’s 1080p 10 Mbps, try dropping it down to 1080p 8 Mbps, as some Rokus are having problems with the 60 fps video from the 1080p 10 Mbps setting.

I’ll be glad to give those a try for 1/2 and report back. For 3, I was using 5 mbps pre-update, and after last night actually downgraded to 3 mbps.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

We are using version 6.2. I have also noticed some other things thats really making me question using Tablo.
I noticed that the thumbnails don’t show up until later, and without the thumbnails, the freezing happens more often.
I also noticed that it shows please wait, loading message, like it is buffering. I never saw this before I upgraded to 2.2.6 update. Its not a bandwidth issue because my Roku is connected directly to my network, so something else is going on that is causing it to buffer. It buffers fairly oftent too, where it is driving me nuts.

Can I rollback to a previous version?

OK, I upgraded to 2.2.6 last night, didn’t have a problem (except for the LPW issue), now I’m back from work and I can’t connect to my Tablo at all, not through Chrome or my phone. I select the “Connect” button, and it has the “Connecting…” message with the rotating circle, but never connects. I rebooted my Tablo twice, and my router also.

Now I just wish I could get to the LPW issue on my Roku, just so I could watch anything. So frustrating!

Some minor updates to report with going ‘pure wired’ for testing purposes. It doesn’t look pretty with a 50ft cat5 cable snaking about my living room and kitchen, but let it be known I’m a team player here to share testing results!

On 3 mbps setting:

• Recordings play well, no buffering/loading.
  • Haven’t had the occasion to test live TV yet for an extended period since , but will have a solid test tonight watching world series and report back (as well as play around w/2.4 ghz wi-fi and changing the wi-fi channels).
  • Noticed as well, which I think others have reported, significant delay (10 + seconds) in playing a recording either after selecting or each fast-forward. Confirmed both wired and wireless.
1 Like

If there is no buffering when wired then it’s likely some weird WiFi issue.

Can you try the 720p 5 Mbps and the 1080p 8 Mbps settings when wired? If you can play the 1080p 8 Mbps when hard wired on the Roku then you’ll know the Tablo and Roku are fine.

Yeah, I’ll give that a shot this evening w/5 and 8 mbps. Do you see any reason playback may behave differently (more/less buffering) on a recording vs. live TV? I say that because I haven’t yet given the live TV a good, long, test since going wired for testing purposes.

I’ve done the full reboot in specific order as well, and still see the issue of significantly slower delays in starting recordings both initially and after FF:

• Tablo 4 tuner running 2.2.6 wired 1Gbps ethernet to router
  • Roku 3 (4200X) running 6.2 (build 3672) wired 1Gbps ethernet to router
  • Using Tablo Preview channel

Selecting Recordings on all my Roku’s and it just turns forever loading and nothing happens.

Rebooted and still no luck. I’m running:
Roku 2 XS 3100X Version 6.2 Build 6003
Roku 3 4200X Version 6.2 Build 3672
Both are running the Preview channel.

It works fine from my Laptop Chrome Browser and on my android device. Help!!! This is seriously impacting the wife acceptance factor. HAHAHA! :smile:

Try using the Roku remote back button (upper left corner of the remote) to exit completely out of the Roku Tablo Preview app.
Then open the Roku Tablo Preview app, and you should be at the connect to your Tablo screen.
Select your Tablo, and go to the Recordings section.

xxxx cccc xx cc

Still no go! AH! This is pretty annoying.

I’m also experiencing excessive buffering of recordings after intitial play, FF & RW. on both two different roku players. Setup as follows:

Roku 4 (4400X) Version 7 Build 8771, wifi
Roku 3 (4200X) Version 6.2 Build 3622, wifi
Tablo 2.2.2, wifi
Preview Channel Power cycling router and resetting Tablo and Roku didn’t help. Chrome browser (both wired and wifi )works fine as does Ipad. It’s just the roku with excessive delays.

CORRECTION: Apologies:
Roku 3 (4200X) is Version 6.6 Build 3672,wifi
Tablo is 2.2.6. wif