Issues After Updating to 2.2.6

Go to the Tablo App
When it opens, use the up arrow to Tablo
Then you will see a picture of Tablo on the right side
Underneath the picture near the bottom should say:
Channel 2.0 . build 15
Tablo Software 2.2.6

If not, then use your phone or web and Tablo should be offering an update

I used the released Preview Version of the Tablo app on Roku. Just checked the beta and it currently says the same. I assume @TabloTV will have something new for beta sometime this week.

I only experience the very prolonged delay between Fast Forward and Play on the original Tablo channel app. The Preview app which I recently re-installed with the most recent improvements, looks beautiful, with a rich and attractive GUI. It has a short delay between Fast Forward and Play. It too has frequent reboots, doesn’t delete unwanted episodes properly under some circumstances, and is not something I would consider using on a daily basis yet, but teases the possibility of a great Roku app if they EVER figure out how to fix bugs and stabilize it.

Recording quality = 720 HD (5Mbps)
Tablo is wired to a ASUS RT-N66U router
Playback device is a Roku Stick (Roku Player 3500X) Software Version 7.0 Build 9008
Roku is connected via WiFi to router. SNR = 14~15dB
Tablo App is Version 1.13 Build 15

To make sure the bug is understood, I periodically get “loading please wait” and the program backs up and replays the last several second while watching live TV.

It appears to be a Roku/Roku App issue. I don’t see this problem when watching in a Chrome or Safari browser. Haven’t tried from my android devices yet. This issue appears to happen more frequently when watching higher definition content.

I’d be happy to provide more information to anyone at Tablo that will help them resolve this issue.

Perhaps the Roku app isn’t keeping up with the video stream? Would you see this problem on a newer Roku 2 with the faster processor?

Ok, did a good old reboot of the tablo, seems to have solved the slow loading issue… so far…

Got on the treadmill and began using the original Roku channel app with the same Tablo 2.2.6. firmware, and NO LONG PAUSE between fast forward and play ! Absolutely no idea why this Roku 3 should work better than the one we watched last night. I have 5 other Roku 3’s here, 4 connected and 1 spare, so I will look at these units.

Getting close to Halloween…demonic possession or poor software…can’t decide which !

Another half baked update by Tablo. +1 here for the web app stuttering after upgrading to 2.2.6. Come on guys, if it ain’t broke…

Ever since the update - I have had random issues that were not there before. Fast forward preview panes were missing - but randomly came back today. The Roku app continually freezes, sometimes reboots on its own, or I do it myself. Right now, I cannot play any episodes - I can see they are there - but cannot play any of them - even after unplugging, rebooting, etc. (no updates are available for my Roku). Frankly, just frustrated - what has been a rather smooth experience - has turned sour.

Roku 3, firmware 6.2 building 3672 (connected via ethernet to router, no updates available)
Tablo 2-tuner
WD 1TB Elements Portable Hard Drive

I’ve had some “random” issues as well. The update seems to work well with Apple TV and our iPhones/iPad, but it doesn’t work at all on my Windows 7 laptop using Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.27 beta-m) and only partially with Firefox v41.0.2.

While there are many platforms and devices to consider, 2.2.2 was working just fine and I wish we could roll back to that while the issues are being addressed in this version.

After I fast forward through commercials, it is taking about 90 seconds for playback to resume. It also takes about 90 seconds for playback to start when I first start a playback. I am using Roku 3 with the Tablo Preview channel.

That is good news. I am still at Roku 3 version 6.x and the rewinding, fast forwarding, and starting a playback is taking about 90 seconds. I am hoping the 7.x update reduces that delay.

For some positive input Fire TV wired and wifi Chrome, I only have compliments on how everything has worked this weekend after the upgrade to 2.2.6. Deletion of programming is much quicker, time to a first screen of video is much better. I think things have improved enough to cut the cord in the next week :smile:

I forgot my one issue that is still out there, low audio level. Either a button for unity of what it was recorded as or 3dB steps would be gread

My experience with upgrades has been positive as well. I’m using 4 Roku sticks, running the Preview Channel Build 15, and upgraded the Tablo to 2.2.6 on Friday. I’ve been using Tablo all weekend, watching live and recorded content, as well as content newly recorded since the 2.2.6 update. Everything has been rock solid. Live TV has been perfect, I watch recorded shows and they delete correctly. Quality of the video is absolutely outstanding, much better than what I was getting on DirecTV. So at this point, I love the new updates and am enjoying a great experience with Tablo.

I had some issues early on when Tablo was on Wi-Fi, but after moving it to wired Ethernet, I’ve been very happy with it. In fact, after updating my router, it got even better. I do see postings by some folks having issues with their Tablos, but I strongly suspect that their problems are with their peripheral equipment (antenna, router, hard drive, etc.) as opposed to the Tablo itself.

which router did you go with?

Went with the TP Link Archer C7… it came highly recommended, and can even do address reservation based on MAC address. It’s the best router I’ve ever owned.

And do you do address reservation for the tablo and if so is it for remote connection?

I keep seeing someone always suggest IP reservation. And if all the clients are strictly LAN based versus WAN(remote connection), I have no idea why the DHCP server isn’t working properly in these routers.

I was going to guess that one. Seems to be a popular choice.

Here’s what I’m currently running

Roku stick: 3400X V6.2 Build 6004
Roku stick: 3500X V6.2 Build 6005
Have a total of 4 Roku sticks, all running Roku Preview channel Build 15
All Roku sticks on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi

Router: TP Link Archer C7

Antenna: RCA ANT702F
Directly routed to Tablo. Removed external splitter to get improvement in performance.
Mostly happy with the antenna, but I’d like to improve on it. Tried Mohu Sky 60 and didn’t work as well.

Hard Drive: WD Elements 10B81012 (2000 GB)
Recommended hard drive

Tablo: 4 Tuner SPVR4-01-NA
Firmware: 2.2.6
Tablo connected to router via Ethernet cable.
Max recording quality: HD 720 - 5 Mbps (May try 1080 at some point)
Fast Live TV startup NOT enabled

I do address reservation… one of the features I looked for in the new router which my old one didn’t do. Nuvyyo recommended address reservation. I picked something outside the range of my DHCP pool. There seemed to be issues with the way Tablo worked with dynamically assigned IPs, and address reservation took care of that. Ideally, there would be a configuration option for a fixed IP, but given that there isn’t, doing it in the router is the next best thing.

DHCP is a very old and mature protocol. I don’t use remote connection. My DHCP resides on a ISP WAN router. This router hasn’t been rebooted in over a year. Yet all 11 client systems (TABLO, Roku, Windows, etc) have been getting/using the same IP address not matter how times they have been rebooted.

Maybe there is something terribly wrong with some of this DHCP server software. Or the clients aren’t properly requesting the same address on refresh.