Issues After Updating to 2.2.6

try telling them that

I’m sure someone of your stature has a lawyer.

way too many for way too little return

xxxx cccc xx cc

Everyone here is frustrated but being an jerk doesn’t make it any better.

2.2.6 was released on Tuesday, Oct. 20th. Everyone got it by Friday, Oct. 23rd at the latest as that was the general release to everyone. If anyone had any issues that weekend, they had 5 working days last week to deal with Tablo directly on the issue. Those days being Oct. 26-30.

See this thread for confirmation of the dates:

tablosuks - Maybe I was too subtle for you. You’re acting like an jerk.

1 Like

Just like i said complete idiots that released a upgrade on a friday , with no tech support on duty all weekend long.
And like i said the idiots at tech support, didn’t bother to read and comprehend that i had already gone thru the basic steps to get it working again, on an e-mail sent right at the end of the business day, so then you looking at a 24 hr response.
And don’t get me started about the phone number that just rings and rings without being answered.
But thanks for digging that up to show what i said was right.

Hey, here’s a potentially constructive question …

For those users having problems with 2.2.6 that were ok on 2.2.2 … is there anyway to roll back to that earlier version temporarily until these issues are resolved?

No, there is no way to roll back the firmware.

You are not right. You had all of last week to resolve your issue and contact them. Why are you complaining on another weekend?

Well, saying “no way” probably is a bit of an stretch, right? I mean, if they were sufficiently troubled by 2.2.6 they could re-label 2.2.2 as 2.2.7 and push it out. I’m certainly not advocating that but it would seem that if Tablo wanted to do it badly enough a way could be found.

Please keep all comments constructive. The last thing we need is a flame war.

1 Like

Because again all the old problems with the hard drive disconnecting came back again yesterday. I have reset and reboot a couple of dozen times just to get it to see the hard drive. This happened not just yesterday but all week long since i did the factory reset. I did a factory reset yesterday and today as well, just to get it to see the hard drive. And yes i tried new hard drives as well as cables still keeps disconnecting.

And again if you had bothered to comprehend you would see that i already went a round with their idiot tech support and said so.

So once again go troll elsewhere fanboy

Seems there is a second “factory reset” procedure available other than the press and hold the reset button until it flashes fast.

WARNING this will also delete your recordings****

. Unplug the power cord, hold the reset button, plug the power cord back in, waiting until the blue light flashes, let go of the button.

This took me back to 2.2.2, and is asking me to upgrade to 2.2.6. I think I’ll wait a few days though I was not having issues on 2.2.6…

1 Like

Yes that way of factory resetting has worked for some.

No harm in trying it now.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Though I think 2.2.6 is better than 2.2.2. I have no problems except for an occasional Loading message on my Roku, but I get that on WatchESPN and Amazon Prime as well.

I just wish I could use 2.2.6. It’s going on a week that my Tablo is sitting, just generating heat, and unable to connect to it. I could do a factory reset, and get it working again, but I hoped their engineers would be able to figure something out by looking at why it’s not working.

I’m a software developer, and handle putting out new releases as one of my duties. If any release I put out causes this serious an issue, where it renders several users stuck unable to use their hardware, this would be number one, critical high priority to back out the changes and put out a stable fix for everyone to keep this from happening from anyone. It wouldn’t take weeks, we would get something done in hours - at least revert back to the previous release until we figured out what was wrong.

I went with Tablo because like another user said, I like the design and backbone of their DVR. The system was slow at first, and had playback issues towards the start of the year. I couldn’t even watch live TV because it would get so far behind. They fixed that, and it was stable for a while, and my hope was they would make the FF, playback faster, and maybe very fast 2 channel flipping with near instant playback. In a year, it hasn’t happened, and it seems to be taking steps backwards. Especially since my player is dead right now waiting on a firmware fix, or until I factory reset and lose my recordings.

I’ve upgrraded to Roku 4, in hopes it would be fast enough to stop the LPW error. It didn’t. I still believe it is a synch/frame fetch issue, and not performance related. Sometimes I FF to a frame, and it won’t play at all, but if I go back 1 frame, that frame is present and plays instantly. As if they FF to the previous frame, and never actually get to the frame I played because they keep refetching the previous ones.

Anyways, hoping they get this resolved soon, really would like near instant playbacks, fast grid guide with a week of data, flipping channels, and maybe picture in picture (it is a 4 tuner box) with instant flip between channels. It’s been long enough, this technology is in every DVR system out there for the past 10 years.

I’m right there with you on that issue. I thought the improved hardware might compensate for inefficient coding - but there is something more fundamentally wrong going on. If anything, Roku 4 is working more poorly than Roku 3 in my system!
A couple months back, we had near instantaneous resume from FFW and quick loading of the Guide and Recordings page - now it takes nearly 30 seconds on the Preview app to load recordings on a clean, newly re-formatted drive - and minutes to do the same on the officially supported Roku app - its a complete joke.

I tried the factory reset mentioned a few posts ago, and it seems to have improved things considerably. I was loathe to try it for fear that I’d lose even the limited functionality that I had, but finally I got tired of watching football on my laptop and took the plunge. Now both Roku apps seem to be working, for the most part…though they still dump me back to the Roku home screen periodically. So it’s not completely stable, but much improved after the factory reset.

1 Like