iPhone 6 Plus

In the near future, is there going to be an app for the iPhone 6 Plus?  It would be great to be able to watch live tv from my phone especially now that the screen is so big.  I try to even go through my plex app on my phone but get a message saying "The operation could not be completed: An unkown error occurred (-12643)."  I dont like trying to sneak to tablo through plex when i could go to tablo direct.  Please let me know the future plans for the iPhone 6 plus.  Thanks

@btroester - You can use the web app on your phone but dedicated phone apps are a VERY popular request. It’s something we’d like to do, but will need a bit more time. Stay tuned!

@btroester - You can use the web app on your phone but dedicated phone apps are a VERY popular request. It's something we'd like to do, but will need a bit more time. Stay tuned!

I use the web app however, you are unable to do live tv from that app.  Unless i am missing something…i am only able to record and watch my recorded shows.  If there is a way to watch live tv please let me know, thanks!

You have to click on the tv channel on the left hand column (as opposed to the tv show itself) to watch live tv on a channel on an Android or iPhone.

Thanks snowcat, i just saw the tips and tricks for the web app and this does seem to work.  Thanks for responding!

You have to click on the tv channel on the left hand column (as opposed to the tv show itself) to watch live tv on a channel on an Android or iPhone.

@snowcat when i click the channel icon or if i try to watch any recorded shows it buffers then shows a screen shot of the show and has a play button on it.  However, when i click play, nothing happens.  I am on wifi and this is happening.  Would you have any recomendations for me?  Thanks

<----  Looks longingly at his 6" screened Windows Phone and rolls a single wishful tear. @snowcat @tablotv

Interesting.  It sounds like you are doing everything right if you get to that point.   One option is to try it out in Chrome instead of Safari.  If that doesn’t work, then open up a ticket with TabloSupport.   

With the combo of a new iOS and a new iPhone, there are bound to be some issues.  But I do think the Plus will be a great device for watching the Tablo once it works right.

Our iOS developer has a brand spankin’ new iPhone6 so him & @TabloSupport will do some testing and see what might be going awry. 

Thank you everyone for the input.  I love the Tablo and the 6 plus is amazing for viewing video!

PS.  I didnt have trouble watching recordings on old iOS

@snowcat when i click the channel icon or if i try to watch any recorded shows it buffers then shows a screen shot of the show and has a play button on it.  However, when i click play, nothing happens.  I am on wifi and this is happening.  Would you have any recomendations for me?  Thanks</blockquote>

This is also happening to me on my 6 plus! Trying to stay patient @TablotTV and @TabloSupport by using the web app, but that is pretty hard when the web app doesn’t work!

@thebellnir iOS 8 has introduced a few bugs that we’re ironing out now. You should be see regular functionality very soon.

@thebellnir iOS 8 has introduced a few bugs that we're ironing out now. You should be see regular functionality very soon.

Any update?

@thebellenir We’ve been pushing out some changes over the last few days. Are you still having issues playing video?

@TabloSupport Still not working…same result.

Also, just so I am clear @TabloSupport, I’m experiencing the described problems via the WebApp on our 6 Plus phones. I haven’t upgraded my iPad to iOS 8 because I want to make sure I have at least one working device for my Tablo system.

@TabloTV or @TabloSupport…any news on the web app solution for iOS 8/iPhone 6 plus? If the fall back to not having a native phone app will not work, I’ll have to be done with Tablo. It is clear the company is focusing on different priorities and/or the product/support is not ready for primetime.

@thebellenir It looks like the issues with iOS 8 are a little more troublesome than we anticipated. We’re hard at work to fix them ASAP.

In the meantime, we’ve tested and confirmed the Chrome mobile browser works fine on iOS 8 for accessing the web app. I know this isn’t ideal - it doesn’t allow you to create a bookmarked shortcut, but it definitely works. Thanks for your patience on this.

For the record, I tried and failed to duplicate this issue with Safari on iOS 8.0.2 on my iPhone 6 128GB nor on my iPad Air 128GB.

Perhaps the issue is just on the 6 Plus?