Introducing: Plex Channel for TabloTV

@cjcox can you go to http://192.168.1.73:18080/plex/rec_ids in a browser? Is your tablo firmware up to date?

@Davidvr, updated tonight and scheduled now shows. But I have a question, what is “Shows” supposed to be?

So… yes, you do have to have the latest firmware for it to work… thanks!  

Other things… on an Android phone running plex, make sure the app setting are set to always transcode (no direct play, direct stream).  Otherwise, it works for about 1-2 secs and then  you get the program splash and just audio (at least on my phone).

Occasionally, when I exit, I can’t go back into the channel.  I get the “empty directory” message.  But if I start watching something on another Plex channel, I can usually go back into the Tablo one and get the menus, etc to come back up.

I keep getting this on the Plex App now:

"API Could Not Locate a tablo on your network"
I can connect to the the Tablo through my.tablotv.com still though

@Davidvr, ok happened again today. Live TV not refreshing. I reset the plugin and the same thing still occurred. SO then I thought, I do put my computer to sleep, so maybe it has something to do with that? But I stopped Plex, restarted, reset plugin again, and still the same result. Requires me to kill that data/

@Davidvr, I did not put my computer to sleep tonight, at least not manually. It may have went to sleep on its own, but I still see the same issue :frowning:

@Jestep Does it pull up the same data from every device? For instance does the web interface show the same outdated information as your phone? 

@Davidvr

I had to clear my data again this morning for the live TV to update. I made a batch script to speed that up:

rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Data\com.plexapp.plugins.tablo"
rmdir /s /q "C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Caches\com.plexapp.plugins.tablo"

I tried to make the script shut down and restart the Plex server but I can’t get that to work. It would be good if the reset plugin button actually did the job of clearing the data.

Scheduled recordings shows this:  “This channel is not responding”

@Davidvr

Any idea why the plex channel would be saying “API Could Not Locate a tablo on your network” for me now?

I tried deleting these too and it made no difference:
…Plug-in Support\Data\com.plexapp.plugins.tablo"
…\Plug-in Support\Caches\com.plexapp.plugins.tablo"

Thanks!

@Davidvr I will test that next time

@mrv777

do you get any output if you put this in your browser

https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/

Hi, I don’t have a Tablo yet, but I am very close to ordering one. Can anyone comment on the Tablo Channel for Plex through the Samsung Plex client? I use the Samsung Plex client from my Samsung TV and Samsung Blu-Ray player.

@crichardso

I just tried https://api.tablotv.com/assocserver/getipinfo/  and I do get output with my public_ip, host, private_up, etc…

I’m somewhat of a n00b when it comes to Plex.  We have a Synology NAS at home that runs the Plex plugin and does a fine job of serving up various type of media from the NAS.  Will I be able to add the Tablo TV channel to the Synology Plex & enjoy the fruits of your labors?

@pundit yes I run it on my ds214play for testing without issue

@Davidvr Sweet!  I’ll have to give that a look-see.

@Davidvr, yea it happened again and it is the same across devices

@Davidvr, ok a bit more testing. On Mac all I need to do was to delete the Dict file under ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo/ 

Once I restart then it works again. I was starting to look at the time in the file just to see if maybe it was because the date was wrong. Looked ok, but I thought it started working last night without a restart, but I have been doing so many stops and restarts I can not remember if I had stopped it :frowning:

How do I know I want version of Tablo Plex channel I have? Since the channel was installed manually I’m assuming the check for updates doesn’t work for this channel.

@mb190e go into Tablo Channel and click on Help and you will see about