How I answered the customer survey

I thought to put the Tablo in remote / heartbeat mode has always been the same. It is the method for performing a factory reset that has changed over the years.

I’ve owned OG units since 2014.

Didn’t it always require the use of the blue button? And on OG models the blue button is often recessed due to the manufacturing design. And on OG 2-tuners the magic blue button is packed between the power and ethernet cables.

It’s often easier to not open a ticket and just mention it on the forum.

1 Like

Damn, you’re right.

Of course. Why have simplicity when you can make your life difficult.

Oh, the survey is now twice yearly? I took the opportunity to reiterate my #2 and #3 requests from last time:

In order of importance:

1. iOS apps show timeline of recent and scheduled recordings, like Apple TV does.

2. Remote Access to a Tablo on my account without first being present on its LAN. I have a Tablo installed at my parents’ house in another state, but I can’t get there from my home computer.

I’ve given up on asking for “quick resume when remote streaming is not Full Quality”, because @TabloTV acknowledged in this thread that the current behavior was an engineering decision.

1 Like

We’ve always tried to do one in the spring/summer and once in the fall/winter - usually June & December.

A few years the dates shifted slightly so you may have just missed one early in your Tablo experience.

I asked for 4 things:
`1) New Channel Scanning options:
→ “New Scan” - Removes all currently selected channels and does a “new” channel scan.
→ “Update Scan” - Keeps a currently selected channels and scan for new/updated channels.
2) The ability to schedule daily maintenance and to not interrupt viewing for daily maintenance.
3) The ability to watch recordings whenever the Tablo servers or the ISP is down.
4) An Autoplay feature

I also voiced my disappointment with the Commercial Skip feature.
Whenever I’m talking-up the features of the Tablo, I don’t bother to mention Commercial Skip.
The expectations of Commercial Skip, don’t match-up with the realities of how well really it works.
After beta testing and two years of paid subscriptions, I was hoping that it would eventually work better than it does.
I’m seriously thinking about not renewing my subscription next year.

1 Like

Reminder - this edition of the customer survey closes tonight, Monday the 14th at 11:59 ET.

We want to hear from you whether it’s good, bad, or in between so get your feedback in ASAP!

1 Like

Doesn’t “Rescan” keep your currently selected channels? Mine does (using Roku TV app).

How does one get said survey? I do no believe I’ve ever gotten one in over 6 years. :frowning_face:

@SophieCat It’s done via email and it sounds like you’re not on the mailing list for some reason. Send us a DM with your email and we’ll get you hooked up.

But I get emails when my subscription is due and I get the weekly news letters emailed.

@SophieCat Those are different lists altogether. It sounds like you’re not getting emails intended solely for owners of Tablo DVRs which include surveys, info on firmware and app updates and other things of that nature.

Is there a link on your webpage where I can sign up for this list?

No. The only way to be added to the list is manually or by purchasing a subscription.

Since you have a subscription, you must have unsubscribed at some previous point.

Honestly I don’t remember the exact details of how rescan operates.
Seems like anytime I have to do a channel rescan, there are a number of automatically added channels that I have to de-select and a number of sub-channels I have to re-select.

I’m keeping a separate list of the channels I frequently watch. Then use that list to set my channels backup after I do a channel rescan.

This year, I said

Number one is tweaked, because they did add the timeline to iOS, yay!

Number two is new.

1 Like

Hey! Don’t be leaving out other streamers! I want PIP on my Roku too!

1 Like