Home network - audio but no video?

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Tech Support, but I wanted to see if anyone else experiences this odd problem:

With my Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2) using the Chrome browser, I can not stream live TV or watch recordings from my home network. I get audio, but no video. With Tablo Connect (using 4G) everything works fine (both audio and video).

All other devices (laptop and Roku) work perfectly fine. I tried restarting both the router and Tablo.

I have an S5 and have seen that sometimes, regardless of home or not. But not all the time. I usually need to kill chrome and restart to get it to work.

This is one of the reasons I would like to see an application for smartphones.

I actually just tried it now and I am seeing that now on live TV and recordings. 

Restarted Chrome, still the same

Restarted the Device, still the same

Switched to LTE from Wifi and the Picture shows.

@TabloSupport @TabloTV, I think this is an issue that needs to be looked at.

My wife tried it from her S4 today, she has the same problem…

I would almost say it is similar to this issue http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/434/playback-issues-with-google-s-latest-android-releases#latest, but it works off the home network. Could it be that transcoding is happening via Data and that is why it works via data and not for Wifi? I am using the recommended 720p setting with remote streaming of 1MB

I would almost say it is similar to this issue http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/434/playback-issues-with-google-s-latest-android-releases#latest, but it works off the home network. Could it be that transcoding is happening via Data and that is why it works via data and not for Wifi? I am using the recommended 720p setting with remote streaming of 1MB

For the record I tried 720p with 1MB, and 720 full quality, both worked.

@Max, on wifi and data? Or just Data?

Just data, I’m not home to test Wi-Fi

Hey all - thanks for consolidating this. I’m testing this in the office now, and will reach out to our web developer once we’ve got more details. 

@Max @Jestep Are you using the default Android player? Are you both on 4.4.2?

@TabloSupport I am 4.4.2

And I am using Chrome Browser

There is no default player set for Video or Video Streaming currently. I am using Default App Manager to look at that

@Max @Jestep Are you using the default Android player? Are you both on 4.4.2?
@TabloSupport

4.4.2 stock (no modifications to the ROM).

Using Chrome, it plays in the browser - no default player.

With the built in web browser (which I *believe* used to work, but currently doesn't), it would launch the default android video player. Chrome doesn't do this.

I decided to try this out on my Galaxy Tablet, which is running 4.4.2.   I just have wi-fi.

Tablet app - everything works correctly
Default browser - sees Tablo but never connects to it
Chrome - Connects but just get audio only

@snowcat, I wonder if on wifi outside of your home would work though, hmmmm

Thanks @snowcat, that makes 4 for 4 not working.

All Samsungs. 3 of the 4 on 4.4.2 (I’m not sure if my wife’s S4 is on 4.4.2 or not…)

@Max We were able to reproduce this on a S3 in the office - getting in touch with our web developer to see if we can work out a fix!

@TabloSupport, just a FYI, i set my default player to a couple diff players and the player still seemed to be the same.

I deleted all Chrome data and tried and still same thing.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Android 4.1.2, only wi-fi.

Tablo App - Behavior of s/w app inconsistent.  There is sound, no picture at first. Wait 30 seconds, hit return/back button and screen is totally blank, sound playing.  Touch screen and it plays video and sound.  Sometimes going back to guide from channel, mostly blank screen.  Must restart app to see menus & guide. Most times when using app, it crashes and closes.

Chrome App – When connecting to Live TV, takes time after selecting channel for “play” option to appear.  After selecting play (on two screens), there is only audio and no picture.  Program sometimes does not allow me to exit channel. Program locks up, and I have to shut Chrome down for audio to stop. This last behavior occurs inconsistently.

Having the same problem with my Galaxy Note 3 - worked ok last week, but yesterday, and now today, I only get audio and no picture/video. Tried closing Chrome and restarting, tried restarting the Note 3 - no luck.

Frustrated. Any ideas?

@TabloSupport confirmed it’s a bug on their end, specific to Android and even more specifically to Samsung products. They’re working on fixing it. I haven’t heard an ETA (if there is one?)