Home network - audio but no video?

@Max Our web developer has made aware of this issue. You’re correct - our testing reveals that this is only specific to Samsung phones so far. We’re working on a fix now, and we should see one relatively soon. Stay tuned!

I am experiencing this problem as well on my Note 3 as of this morning. Has there been any update on resolving this issue?

@Max Our web developer has made aware of this issue. You're correct - our testing reveals that this is only specific to Samsung phones so far. We're working on a fix now, and we should see one relatively soon. Stay tuned!

It’s been nearly a month, as of last night, I still can’t stream on my Samsung device :(.

Welcome to my world. I’ve got a Samsung phone running 4.1.2 and I’ve never been able to fast forward or rewind Tablo video. Imagine how useful that is!

Firmware 2.1.14 is just about a month old now  (it’s been 4 weeks since the release of firmware 2.1.12… who knows what happened to 2.1.13). Release 2.1.10 came out 4 weeks before 2.1.12. Interestingly, 2.1.14 came out only 3 weeks after 2.1.12… what a mistake that was!

We can all hope Tablo is now spending this extra time in QA. I’m hopeful. 
Be patient. 

2.1.12 was a fail (“crossed out play icon” issues) 2.1.14 was an epic fail (chromecast, android, webapp play back failures).

@Max Sorry for the delay on this - it’s looking to be a little trickier than we anticipated. It’s clearly something with Touchwiz - we just need to verify the nature of the problem and get a fix pushed out. We hope to have this fixed soon. Sorry for the delay :frowning:

@Thumbs It’s worth noting that all internal builds are ‘odd’ numbers, e.g 2.1.11, 2.1.13 are tested internally before being pushed to production as 2.1.12 and 2.1.14.

Thanks for the insight on release numbers. Glad to hear it.

I’ve personally not had the “audio but no video” issue on my Samsung phone or tablet (do have other issues though) and it may be because I’ve dumped the Samsung touchviz launcher in favor of third party ones. For those adventurous ones… That might be a work-a-round to try.

The launcher doesn’t get rid of touchwiz, I’ve been using Apex launcher, and the problem is still there.

Just wanted to chime in and say I’ve experienced the same issues on a Samsung Galaxy S4…  If I wait long enough, and toggle between (what appears to be) full screen and window mode, I do eventually get a picture (most of the time anyway) but it does take several attempts. 

An update if anyone is interested. I’ve been able to workaround this issue on my Note 3 by letting the Web app load while the phone is in portrait. Then enter full screen mode, switch to landscape and then press play.

I was just coming here to post, Lumberjack beat me to it, galaxy s5 here, when I click on full screen mode I now get audio and video!

Liquify, I think it might be just the full screen feature which allows it to work?

@liquify thanks for that, tried on my S5 and it worked. I could even skip ahead and go back without issue. Slow, but without issue :wink:

So the latest update to chrome has caused another issue @TabloSupport. Now as long as I full screen before playing the audio and video work. But, it does not keep the screen from timing out and causes playback to cease of course and lock my phone :frowning:

Galaxy S5

Liquefy, your workaround, ummm, works.

On my Galaxy Note 3, at home on my network I do the following:

1) Launch Chrome
2) Hold phone in portrait.
3) Go to my.tablotv.com
4) Wait for connect.
5) Choose channel.
6) Once connected, twist phone to landscape.
7) Click full screen.
8) Press play.

Fingers crossed that this will continue to work.

I’m having a similar issue. I am new to Tablo/Android. Installed Tablo on my android tv box. (Matrices G Box Q) LIVE or Recorded tv< I only get audio. Will the fix that is in the works repair this issue?

If you’re the user from the other thread, I already told you, Android 2.2.2 isn’t going to cut it. Update your box to Android 4.0 or higher.

Edit: I just saw that you’re not the user from the other thread w/ the same issue. So, sorry about that. But, the Tablo app was designed for Android 4.0 and above. I’m guessing you have a really old firmware on that G Box Q (as did the other user). You need to get on their website and get the latest firmware and get that thing updated and then it should work

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I’m running 4.4.2