Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

Two improvements Id like to see for Tablo Quad

1. Allow the option to select the media player of choice on our Tablo app so we have control to change picture aspect size to full on the 480 and 720 broadcasts.
  2. the option to use app via wifi or direct connect to the tv or tv boxes.

Tablo. Support,

You have asked for my ideas to assist you in plotting your feature roadmap for the next few quarters.  Is your dual HDMI unit a finished product or are you Beta testing this thing at your “fans” expense? My idea of a perfect dual HDMI would be for it to act as a tuner to retrieve OTA TV signals and send them through my HDMI cable to my TV.  And, when I ask the Dual HDMI to record a show I’m watching that the Dual HDMI does as I ask without having to go through 4 or 5 steps. I need the Dual HDMI to start recording immediately when I press a “record now” button. Maybe a hard button on the dang remote. Enough of your on-screen soft buttons. I also want a fast forward button that I can use when I try and watch a recorded show. Fast forward, no silly thumbnail pictures or 10-20 second jumps. Just fast forward or fast reverse. Maybe 2x-4x-16x-32x fast forward with the program still in full view. You know, like when watching a DVD. No thumbnails on a DVD. There are just so many things that need to be improved on that I could fill pages. The best I can say for an improved Tablo dual HDMI is for Tablo to contact ChannelMast and purchase the production rights to the ChannelMaster CM-7500. I loved that unit but ChannelMaster discontinued the CM-7500 for their CM-7600. Bad move. Just purchase the CM-7500 and don’t make any improvements other than adding an HDMI port and bringing the electronic standards up to todays standards. Keep the CM-7500 remote and leave it alone. As of now I would love to send this Dual HDMI unit back but then I would have not DVR ability. I just want a DVR unit that does no streaming to anything, doesn’t rely on the internet to work, doesn’t try and push some premium program schedule. Just receive OTA signals and send them to my TV along with the ability to record. That’s why I bought the HDMI unit. If I wanted to stream I would have gotten a Tivo.
If this is a new product I applaud your efforts so keep working you’ll eventually get the product up to a truly good product.
Thank you for your interest in my thoughts for improvements.

My PC routinely has problems discovering the Tablo on our network. (The 3 Roku’s have no problem). Seach, search, search, nothing. I would love it if I had an option to manually specify the IP address of my Roku, so that it can “find it” easier.

1 Like

I think I posted these already, but can’t remember.

1: Direct IP Access like Tablo Ripper has.
2: FULL screen FF and rewind.

Tablo has not updated its firmware to support an attached additional drive. Why?
And the last update is 2.2.42 in September 2022. Um, in the App world, this appears as disinterested. (i.e., iTunes)

From a program logic point of view, I could see this being very difficult. It sounds “simple”, but the ramifications are pretty huge with regards to how the device has to behave in a bunch of scenarios.
(talking multiple drives)

The guide needs to cache all the channels for 24 hours. Seems like when I scroll down through the channels, I have to wait for the programs to appear on the screen. Also, it takes a long time to view a channel from key click to viewing.

2 Likes

I’d like the ability to program multiple Wi-Fi’s into TABLO so if one goes down, TABLO will automatically switch to one of the other backup WiFi’s. Currently this is not available. To change Wi-Fi’s we’d have to reset Tablo each time and may lose settings and taped shows.

Case support: There were 11 million families with RV’s in America in 2022. Statistics show they take 2-3 vacations a year. There are also over a 1 million families that live and travel in their RV year round. A lot of them work remote. 99% of them have multi WiFi systems - a primary and a secondary. Most electronics will allow multiple options to be programmed in so if primary goes down, it switches to the secondary WiFi automatically.

Dual or multiple Wi-Fi’s would be a great plus for TABLO. Please consider it.

What statics watch OTA TV? Use and OTA DVR? while on a limited time vacation.

Of the fraction from over a 1 million, an HDMI tablo is likely a better fit.

1 Like

Remote access from external network. I don’t need to watch live streams remotely, but at least let me remotely watch recordings made when on vacation.

1 Like

I’m back to Tablo after a 4 year absence. One thing I really liked about YouTube TV was the ability to add a sports team to the library. Then all games for that one team only are recorded. I can add all of NFL to recordings in Tablo, but I only care about one team’s games.

1 Like

Looking back where this topic startec in 2014 and the directio of the tablo roadmap… posting here is futile.

2 Likes

Live tv channel selection while using Roku is cumbersome,on legacy product using the down arrow permitted channel scan/selection, now you must back arrow to get to guide then up/dn to find channel then select. Seems shortcut was cut short on gen 4.other than this and remote viewing a good product.

It would be great if you could pull up the live guide without having the leave the program that you’re watching. Having the channels listed underneath is nice but not quite the same.

Thanks!

1 Like

try to fix current problems, ie: apple tv not working over 4wks.

Please let us start a program while it’s still recording on iOS wanna Apple TV!

Also, probably a pipe dream, but since Tablo can receive straming channels Philo integration would be awesome! They’re the perfect collaboration. Your names even sound like they go together!

Would be great to also be able to search for shows on the iOS app. As of now you can only add shows from Home Screen or guide. You can search and view shows by category or network on Google tv. Hope that comes to iOS and Apple TV.

1 Like

Scrub with screenshots on iOS and AppleTV the same way CCWGTV and android TV does when watching DVR programs. Also autoplay next recorded episode of the next episode of the same show is available.