Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

I would like for there to something that says tabs available. It would work the same ways as CS does now. It would still show us that it was a solid recording.

Would love a list view of programs – and the ability to make it my default view.
The grid is okay but it takes forever to load and forever and forever to scroll through.

Universal Search feature
It would be great to be able to search across all programs by name. Even better if it would search across program descriptions as well. Sometimes I don’t know whether a program will be listed as a movie or a tv show. On public TV this can be particularly tricky. Also, if we could search by program descriptions, we could search for an actor, or topic of interest (like covid, pandemic, etc.) and have all results across the whole guide available.
Thanks for your consideration!

Universal search already exists by title. No matter what tab you are in, just do a search by title, and the Tablo will show whether it is under tv shows, sports, or movies.

Searching by other keywords has been requested multiple times in the past, but it require a decent amount of work (likely UI changes on all platforms, and we all know that takes time).

I’m sure that there’s a hardware limitation preventing it, otherwise it would already be an option, but …

I’d love to see a “Reboot/Restart” command, for the Tablo hardware, in the app.

1 Like

A reboot button has been requested, but here is an explanation on why it isn’t there (from back in Sep 2014)

1 Like

Thanks snowcat, figured it was something along those lines.

Never hurts to ask, of course.

Not living is a houseful of “users”, I agree with you. A concern, tablo is a multi-user device. One user, for reasons known only to them could restart the device while other’s have no issues viewing a show… or while a recording is in progress, and this user just knows restarting is going to make them feel so much better, and there goes the recording you wanted, which had no problems (although it may continue in segments).

1 Like

When you get to the end of the guide it would be nice to not have to back up. Hitting down arrow at 49 should take you back around to 2. Or in my case 42.3 should go to 2.1

1 Like

@Arkstfan If you use Roku you can use the instant replay button to do this.

1 Like

Nice to know but I have to move my thumb more to do that :smile:

One thing I would like to see that I think would be somewhat simple to add would be when you are on the general schedule screen you could be able to see if it was all or new. I would get rid of the clock there and put an A or N inside the orange triangle. If there is none there could still be the line and if you have a specific number it could still have that number as it does now.

…realizing tablo’s UI is device specific. It’s various apps work across multiple platforms -
https://www.tablotv.com/apps-compatible-devices/

I know it is on multiple formats but I have seen this on multiple formats. Even with multiple formats you have things that range in scale. On that scale I would think this would be relatively easy as it is more modifying code then it is having to write new code. Since I think this part of the code should be relatively easy to find and update I would consider this along the easier side as well. (sometimes when you change code it can be harder then having to write whole new code as changing one thing effect others)

By the general schedule screen do you mean the Live TV screen?

Here’s a post where a user shows how easily anyone can modify code via browser to adjust start/end times - a topic which comes up often. As easy at this seems, any user can do it, many user want it… it’s not implemented - across the various apps and devices which may not be as obviously simplistic.

I guess you could example the mods to simplify the changes :neutral_face:

No I mean if you go to where it says scheduled and then all.

I have done some coding but dont want to even try and find out where it is in this system or how to even find the code for it. This is a feature suggestion thread which is what I am doing suggesting a feature. I would hate to try and recode the thing and end up messing it up and not be able to use it.

Ah, you mean the little clock icon in the upper right then? Sorry, when you said clock I thought you meant as in showing the current time and the Live TV screen is the only screen that shows the current time. :grinning:

I use the upcoming filter instead of all (available on Roku and Android TV at least) and it does show if the episode scheduled to record is new.

Yep that is what I am talking about.

I also usually use the upcoming section as I like it better. Sometimes I go though all thought and just think it would be nice to have an all or new so you can see which is recording all or only recording new.