Has this happened to you?

I was watching a somewhat interesting television show on my Apple TV with the Tablo app where I suddenly got a black screen with a ball and then the message you have been disconnected from your Tablo. So I tried loading it on my computer and it would not do it they’re giving me the message cannot connect to your Tablo check your Internet connection. My Internet connection was fine. Not only that, but the Tablo showed up as active on my router, and I was able to ping it. I tried pressing the reset button until the flashing stopped. I waited a minute or two no change. I unplug the power cord, waited 30 seconds plugged it in and life is back to normal, for now. What about you?

The other issue tonight was the program jumping back a half hour and not wanting to go forward.

I was watching a somewhat interesting television show on my Apple TV with the Tablo app where I suddenly got a black screen with a ball and then the message you have been disconnected from your Tablo.

This is probably the Tablo resetting itself, quite possibly due to a low/corrupted over the air (OTA) TV signal. I experienced this while recording a TV show from a channel with a poor signal. The recordings were during the evening (when I’d be otherwise watching something else via the Tablo) and the poor signal would be enough to cause the Tablo to reset and become unavailable for 2-3 minutes while the Tablo restarted.

the program jumping back a half hour and not wanting to go forward.

This is a known issue while watching live TV on a Tablo through an Apple TV. See the thread “UNpausing causes jump back to previous show”.

Mine did exactly this same thing, but while using the Tablo app on Roku. Exactly the same symptoms. It’s like it went offline, but was still on the network. None of the Rokus could connect to it and neither could the web app on my computer. I unplugged everything and cleaned all of the connections… next morning it was fine and has been running fine ever since. This happened just a couple days ago… in the evening.

“Has this happened to you?” All inclusive - no. Different parts/pieces - yes.

Glad I am not alone with this.

If it was resetting it was not because of TV signal. It was very strong. It did not reset. It went off line(to devices) and stayed off line until hard reboot.

I’ve had this issue with a Tablo with the following criteria…

1. Tablo connected wirelessly to network.
  2. Wireless network channel width was set too high.

I am connected with network cable.

With recent Tablo firmware releases, I’ve also lost connection to my Tablos after rebooting my router.
I don’t know if pressing the reset button would have rebooted my Tablos or not, cuz they’re hard to reach, so I power cycled them.