Grid-style guide for live TV

@guck11 - Yep, Roku’s going to take a bit longer… Part of the reason is in that article…

A detail that developers will appreciate: Tablo is building this new app with Brightscript, Roku’s own scripting language. Roku has only allowed a small number of hand-selected partners to use HTML5 for their apps, and making visually stunning apps has proven to be a bit harder with Brightscript than it would be with HTML5.

Long story short, the guys are making major progress and are seeing light at the end of the tunnel but they’re literally building this thing from scratch. Once the dev team gives the thumbs up, we’ll do some heavy QA and then push to our beta team before releasing the new channel into the wild.

I’m hoping to get some video previews done in the next few days to give you all a better overview than the static shots were able to provide. Stay tuned.

Can’t wait.  Thanks for letting us know.  You have a great product and can’t wait to see more features.

@guck11 - Yep, Roku's going to take a bit longer... Part of the reason is in that article....

A detail that developers will appreciate: Tablo is building this new app with Brightscript, Roku’s own scripting language. Roku has only allowed a small number of hand-selected partners to use HTML5 for their apps, and making visually stunning apps has proven to be a bit harder with Brightscript than it would be with HTML5.

Long story short, the guys are making major progress and are seeing light at the end of the tunnel but they're literally building this thing from scratch. Once the dev team gives the thumbs up, we'll do some heavy QA and then push to our beta team before releasing the new channel into the wild.

I'm hoping to get some video previews done in the next few days to give you all a better overview than the static shots were able to provide. Stay tuned.

@TabloTV. Thanks so much for the update and for working on the video preview. From what I have seen in the static shots, I am overly excited for the debut! Keep up the awesome work!

so…getting back to that “ETA” thing…are we still looking at Q1’ 2015 (by End of March?)

@ltldevl - Yep! Hoping to get a blog post done with a video overview and some additional details in the next few days. 

Can I get on the list to beta test this thing?

@beejybone - Send a ticket to @TabloSupport and let them know what devices you have available for beta testing and they’ll get you on the beta lists.