Grid-style guide for live TV

I am also vey excited about the Roku update.  I can’t wait until it is live.

Woah… I gotta say… that looks sexy! I just hope all that eye-candy doesn’t bog-down the responsiveness.

Thanks for all the kind words!

@DaFury And we hear you. Lots of optimizations going into this :slight_smile:

Amen, @Jestep.

This was my reaction when I opened the blog post and saw the sneak peak to Roku. Great Job guys!!! Can’t wait til it arrives!

Roku just updated the Tablo app and now I have the new cooler looking splash screen and my recordings now show a watched meter bar. Is this a sign!!! Oh the excitement!

@guck11- Where are you seeing a watched meter bar?

It also seems that livetv has reverted back to taking 4 - 5 seconds to populate the channels list up from the amazing 2 seconds they got it down to :-/

The blue bar right below the episode thumbnail

OMG we need this update!

My Tablo app is stuck at v1.0 build 9 - what’s up with Roku’s deployment system re: updates?

I want this feature!

@theuser86 Were you a part of the Tablo Roku beta? We’ll be pushing this (and another bug fix) out tomorrow.

@TabloSupport Beta for Roku app??? I never got notified :frowning:

@TabloSupport

No I was never part of the original beta.

I will delete the channel and re-install it.

What version is being pushed tmrw?

@Jestep This was a while back - in July, I believe. Just before the smart recording got pushed.

@theuser86 Did deleting and re-adding the channel fix this for you? Today/tomorrow we’re pushing a few bug fixes, particularly for this issue.

@TabloSupport ah, ok

@TabloSupport

I figured out why my Tablo channel was not updating.

The channel I had installed on my Roku 3 was called “Tablo” per my Roku account page - first installed in May 2014. The current channel is called “Tablo TV”, so the Roku system recognizes it as a totally different channel.

When did you guys change the channels on the Roku side?

@theuser86 There was a change made in the Tablo channel name late in the summer - we’ve only become aware of this update issue in the last day or so. 

We’re investigating to see why some folks didn’t receive the channel. It appears as though the original channel was deleted, and the updated version was added as a new one entirely somehow.

Yes it’s an entirely new channel so those of us with the original channel stopped getting updates. I wonder how many users realize this.

Now that CES is over, can @TabloSupport provide an ETA on the new Roku app? This article states end of first quarter. https://gigaom.com/2015/01/06/tablo-is-building-a-beautiful-roku-app-for-its-cord-cutting-dvr/ Is it going to be that long for the much anticipated arrival?

@guck11

Tablo posted in another thread at that the Android, Fire TV and Roku apps will all be released by the end of Q1 2015. BUT to expect the Android and Fire TV apps first, so I would give them until March 31st for the Roku UI update.

The most recent updates to the Roku app have made it quite stable, zero streaming problems.