Green flashing when playing from phone

Mine doesn’t do anything on chrome but plays perfect using Internet, without the work around. @TabloTV does this give additional ideas? Maybe the browser include in the app build.

Someone asked about flashing green when using Tablo in a FB group, and I told them it is a known problem with Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. I mentioned developer options and also mentioned community.tablotv.com.

Can Confirm, Verizon S7edge update ran last night now green flashing screen

1 Like

Follow the work around I posted to continue to be able to watch without green. All major carriers in US now have the problem.

And the silence from @TabloTV continues :frowning:

Thanks Beastman the developer-overlay fixed the issue

This was posted in my topic about chromecast incase no one saw it. So looks like they will be/are working on the android app. I’m sure that’ll include this overlay issue. :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure since I have Android beta as well as beta on Tablo and have the problem but would welcome the fix if it happens :smile:

Well they said “will be” so… I’m hoping it’s new fixes. Having both chromecast & the android app as my only way to watch content, both being broken is crazy annoying! At least the android part has a work around.

Did you try go ogling casting problems? That’s how I found developer options and work around. Never heard of them before.

Yuppers. They all drank the koolaid & suggest you buy a Nexus Player as the solution.

I think the Chromecast fix will probably have nothing to do with the flashing green issue on the S7/S7E. The priority to our fix is dependent on how big of the S7/S7E user base we have here; and more importantly, how many complaints they receive from the S7/S7E users. Not trying to blame Tablo as I understand that they have other important projects and features to be implemented; and unfortunately, our fix may not be as high priority as the Apple TV, Dolby 5.1, Keep x episodes…etc.

@kamy2015

I don’t know how you got that… said “part” of the new android app update was chromecast. It is not a a “chromecast fix” is is a “major update of our Android apps”. I’d assume that includes the way it renders on android devices as part as android apps.

Like I said, I have beta Android and will post when the flashing green is gone from the app without the workaround

@riffy, I certainly hope that our fix will be in the next major Android app update; but until Tablo announces what will be available in the next major Android app update, I won’t have my hope high; especially after Tablo’s dead silence on this issue since it was reported a few weeks ago :disappointed:

April 6 was the original post with the problem and 24 days ago I posted the work around, which I used Google because I was tired of Tablo flashing green.

Let’s see if @TabloSupport will have it fixed by my birthday…June 30. I hope they beat that date, but with the continued silence, who knows?

31 days ago I mentioned disabling hardware overlays to Tablo but incorrectly assumed that was a compile option.

I don’t know… I’m new here, so I don’t know how fast or reliably they’ve done fixes in the past. But I’m also pretty vocal when it comes to things that don’t work. :smiley:

Part of the problem is they don’t have a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to test with. I told them I will run a beta of the fix, but so far, just silence

It is a bit worrying that the only post by @Tablo support was about 29 days ago and nothing since. Their silence is deafening.
Some acknowledgement that they recognize the problem would be nice and whether they are working on it or not.

I just called and David says they are working at it now and will post when they have a fix. They don’t yet have a S7/S7Edge but working on getting it. They know it isn’t carrier specific. Let’s hope soon.

Glad to hear that Tablo is working on the issue. Just out of curiosity, did David say that they already have some idea how to fix the issue perhaps based on some hints from the workaround?