Green flashing when playing from phone

@riffy, I certainly hope that our fix will be in the next major Android app update; but until Tablo announces what will be available in the next major Android app update, I won’t have my hope high; especially after Tablo’s dead silence on this issue since it was reported a few weeks ago :disappointed:

April 6 was the original post with the problem and 24 days ago I posted the work around, which I used Google because I was tired of Tablo flashing green.

Let’s see if @TabloSupport will have it fixed by my birthday…June 30. I hope they beat that date, but with the continued silence, who knows?

31 days ago I mentioned disabling hardware overlays to Tablo but incorrectly assumed that was a compile option.

I don’t know… I’m new here, so I don’t know how fast or reliably they’ve done fixes in the past. But I’m also pretty vocal when it comes to things that don’t work. :smiley:

Part of the problem is they don’t have a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to test with. I told them I will run a beta of the fix, but so far, just silence

It is a bit worrying that the only post by @Tablo support was about 29 days ago and nothing since. Their silence is deafening.
Some acknowledgement that they recognize the problem would be nice and whether they are working on it or not.

I just called and David says they are working at it now and will post when they have a fix. They don’t yet have a S7/S7Edge but working on getting it. They know it isn’t carrier specific. Let’s hope soon.

Glad to hear that Tablo is working on the issue. Just out of curiosity, did David say that they already have some idea how to fix the issue perhaps based on some hints from the workaround?

He was surprised by my work around and said the Android developers are working on it. I forgot to remind him that Table plays fine without the work around using Internet app and my.tablotv.com. But chrome doesn’t do anything on my S7.

1 Like

From my thread. Forgot to mention it here. Been so miffed about chromecast I kinda wasn’t wanting to pay attention that it happened. hehe

I just looked at it again… seems all the files I copied off the Tablo cause the green flicker in Plex actually. I’m on the Tablo beta if that makes any difference. Only happens while the ui is over the video tho. & no where as bad as in Tablo, where it’s pretty much looks like it’s every other frame is green.

Tablo isn’t the only applies broken by Samsung S7. Capital Metro app doesn’t let you see calendar to enter expiration date of credit card. I can purchase on my tablet and store in the cold. Hardware work around doesn’t fix it :frowning:

Don’t know… it just caught me off guard to see it in Plex.

I also have the “Flashing Green” background issue on my Verizon s7 Edge when watching videos recorded on my Tablo.

The same recordings play perfectly on my wife’s Verizon s6 Edge and also play correctly on my Galaxy Tab S and on our Windows 10 Laptop.

I applied the temporary fix posted by beastman and it cleared the issue on my s7 Edge.
"Go to developer options."
"Find “Turn off hardware overlays” and turn it on".

Saw this. I haven’t gotten yet. It might fix our Tablo problem.

1 Like

“It will also resolve the initial flickering that some users complained about while playing back recorded footage.”

Sounds promising. Let’s see :slightly_smiling:

Remember the online chat with Samsung that I posted? Looks like I should have tried that sooner. Let’s hope. :blush:

Installing now…let’s hope.

Bad news. The Tablo flashing green is still there. Workaround still needed. :persevere:

Figures. Can’t fix anything to fast!

Flashing green are signals from Martian aliens. They have made contact with the select and privileged Samsung users! Get the decoders ready…:space_invader:

2 Likes

Are the decoders available at the app store?