Good but has issues

So we have been using Tablo for about 4 months. Most things work fine but

first, about a month in the Resolve Conflict quit working. It shows the conflict but when you click on it, nothing happens. I now have to go to my website account to resolve conflicts which is a pain. I contacted support and they tried to help but in the end they just gave up, saying they just couldn’t figure it out. I get the feeling these guys are working in their garage

second, we get a lot of conflicts because the schedule has a show starting or ending one minute wrong. example one show at 8:00 to 9:00 and another at 8:00 to 9:00 and then a third at 7:00 to 8:01, so it won’t record this one, but the problem is the show doesn’t go to 8:01, just to 8:00 so there should be no conflict.

Third, if you are watching a show that is currently being recorded there are no preview pictures when you fast forward. so if a show started recording at 6 and you start watching after a half hour into it, it is very difficult to know how far to fast forward.

fourth, their support which consists mainly of customer forums is lame. To find answers I have to wade through a customer forum to find a solution which often doesn’t exist. Expecting their customers to fix stuff and provide help to other customers is so very bad.

Fifth, there are just annoying glitches from time to time. Example: one show has 3 episodes recorded. You watch one, then delete it and it is gone but the next show is not highlighted, so you have to back out of show, go back to the episodes and then it is highlighted.

Sixth, after watching and episode, to delete the episode one has to select episode, click over 3 times, select delete, the go up to another window and click twice to get to delete. Once a show is over, it should just go to a delete box and ask yes or no.

Seventh, Tablo seems to not keep up very well with what people post or feature requests. They say they do, but that is not the case. I have seen many requests from others for similar fixes and features and Tablo says they are going to do it, but they just don’t.

But it is saving money and most stuff works, albeit cumbersome. So if you want to save money, sign up, just don’t expect much for improvements over what they have currently.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conflict resolve, better scheduler, responsive support