Conflict resolve, better scheduler, responsive support

Resolve Conflict not working unless I go to website portal. I contacted support and they tried to help but in the end they just gave up, saying they just couldn’t figure it out. I get the feeling these guys are working in their garage

second, fix the scheduler - conflicts because the schedule has a show starting or ending one minute wrong. example one show at 8:00 to 9:00 and another at 8:00 to 9:00 and then a third at 7:00 to 8:01, so it won’t record this one, but the problem is the show doesn’t go to 8:01, just to 8:00 so there should be no conflict.Or at least add a feature to let us change the start time or ending like most real DVR systems do.

Third, make the preview work on a show being recorded. if you are watching a show that is currently being recorded there are no preview pictures when you fast forward. so if a show started recording at 6 and you start watching after a half hour into it, it is very difficult to know how far to fast forward.

fourth, Create a real support page. their support which consists mainly of customer forums is lame. To find answers I have to wade through a customer forum to find a solution which often doesn’t exist. Expecting their customers to fix stuff and provide help to other customers is so very bad.

Fifth, fix the episode highlight after deleting a show glitch. Example: one show has 3 episodes recorded. You watch one, then delete it and it is gone but the next show is not highlighted, so you have to back out of show, go back to the episodes and then it is highlighted.

Sixth, make less clicks to delete an episode after it is finished. after watching an episode, to delete the episode one has to select episode, click over 3 times, select delete, the go up to another window and click twice to get to delete. Once a show is over, it should just go to a delete box and ask yes or no.

Seventh - add slo mo feature

Eighth, Maybe actually do some feature requests sometimes. Tablo seems to not keep up very well with what people post or feature requests. They say they do, but that is not the case. I have seen many requests from others for similar fixes and features and Tablo says they are going to do it, but they just don’t.

You mean, increase the number of useful FAQ entries?
I agree.

No wading required.
Open a support ticket, or post a new forum question, even if has been asked before.
We’re nice enough to look it up for you. :slightly_smiling:

I have opened a support ticket for conflict resolve issue, Tablo said they had no clue. Told me the answer was to use the web interface.

@DouglasFE We have a solved ticket on file from you from November of last year - but nothing since. Did you chat with one of our team members on the phone?

Feel free to PM me directly or send us a ticket and we can set up a remote session with your Tablo to get this fixed.

It’s also worth noting that we’ve got a Tablo knowledge base, which we’ve been updating more and more lately. If your questions aren’t answered there, we always encourage giving us a shout directly through a ticket.

So we have been using Tablo for about 4 months. Most things work fine but

first, about a month in the Resolve Conflict quit working. It shows the conflict but when you click on it, nothing happens. I now have to go to my website account to resolve conflicts which is a pain. I contacted support and they tried to help but in the end they just gave up, saying they just couldn’t figure it out. I get the feeling these guys are working in their garage

second, we get a lot of conflicts because the schedule has a show starting or ending one minute wrong. example one show at 8:00 to 9:00 and another at 8:00 to 9:00 and then a third at 7:00 to 8:01, so it won’t record this one, but the problem is the show doesn’t go to 8:01, just to 8:00 so there should be no conflict.

Third, if you are watching a show that is currently being recorded there are no preview pictures when you fast forward. so if a show started recording at 6 and you start watching after a half hour into it, it is very difficult to know how far to fast forward.

fourth, their support which consists mainly of customer forums is lame. To find answers I have to wade through a customer forum to find a solution which often doesn’t exist. Expecting their customers to fix stuff and provide help to other customers is so very bad.

Fifth, there are just annoying glitches from time to time. Example: one show has 3 episodes recorded. You watch one, then delete it and it is gone but the next show is not highlighted, so you have to back out of show, go back to the episodes and then it is highlighted.

Sixth, after watching and episode, to delete the episode one has to select episode, click over 3 times, select delete, the go up to another window and click twice to get to delete. Once a show is over, it should just go to a delete box and ask yes or no.

Seventh, Tablo seems to not keep up very well with what people post or feature requests. They say they do, but that is not the case. I have seen many requests from others for similar fixes and features and Tablo says they are going to do it, but they just don’t.

But it is saving money and most stuff works, albeit cumbersome. So if you want to save money, sign up, just don’t expect much for improvements over what they have currently.

The preview pictures, a.k.a. thumbnails, generate a few minutes after the recording completes.
It requires a tuner to be available, and takes around 4 minutes for each hour recorded.

Granted, the thumbnails make it easier to zip thru unwanted commercials.
However, the fast forward, and rewind features go forward and back in standardized increments, and along with the timestamp, it’s easy to learn how far to go in either direction.

I don’t think they expect customers to do anything.
However, I do appreciate customers sharing their knowledge, experience, and humor.

I disagree.
They are creating enhancements based on customer requests.
True, they are not creating them fast enough for everyone.

3 Likes

Have you looked at their official support page? https://www.tablotv.com/support/

Reading another mostly duplicate post, I figured out the request is for a better set of FAQs, which I agree with.

Agreed. I’ve merged the two.

The FAQs on our main page are mostly for users who have not yet purchased Tablo. The Knowledge Base however (available via the support page) is designed for users.

It’s easily searchable and also has a ‘most viewed’ section for common issues.

There’s also lots of great content available on the blog including some common questions (like why FFWd previews can only be seen on completed recordings.)

3 Likes

I will open up a ticket again. You may need to dig deeper in reccords. My last contact was “Your request (13991)” on Jan 22 - the last thing I got was “we hope to have a fix ASAP” Still not fixed. yes, I see your knowledge base. It tells me how do a conflict resolve which I know how to do, but it doesn’t indicate a solution if the buttons just do nothing. This is my main complaint of a support forum. It isn’t really support as much as a user manual which is fine, just call it that.

I look forward to the fix. Thanks

1 Like

yep, lame in my opinion, really just a user manual.

It is a fairly comprehensive user manual for how to use the Tablo, most people who posts to these forums do not even read them though. Not saying this is you, just posting out what I’ve seen.

agreed, but in my opinion a user manual should not be a techncial support resolution center. I am new to Tablo, still getting used to things