Four Tuner Pre-Orders Shipping Next Week!

Expected Delivery:  Tommorow!!!

Can’t wait!

Mine is at my local post office!

It is my understanding that we get a 6 month subscription to the service.  If we choose to purchase a lifetime subscription, is there any credit for the unused portion of the 6 month subscription?

>> If we choose to purchase a lifetime subscription, is there any credit for the unused portion of the 6 month subscription?

@Thor - This will all be explained when we launch the subscription store but you’ll need to wait until the end of your trial period to purchase your subscription as your trial automatically expires when you sign up for a paid subscription. The next firmware update will add in-app subscription details so you can track when your subscription is getting close to expiring. 

@Thor, the 6 month subscription is free, so there is nothing to refund.  :)

I have a one year free subscription for being in the initial 2-tuner wave, but I likely will buy the lifetime subscription as well.  But I am waiting for that trial subscription to end before getting the lifetime one.

Heck, I’ll sign up for the lifetime as soon as the the Android/Chromecast is polished up just a bit and will be dropping the Hulu+ subscription the same day

I had my antenna installed today, Tablo is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Due to some geographic issues, I needed some serious firepower to get the stations I want.  Rather than screw it up myself and fall off the roof, I hired a professional to install the antenna.  He measured signal strength around the roof to determine the best location, and installed a Channel Master 4228 antenna and a pre-amp.  After running the coax, we did a test run on my Panasonic plasma and pulled in around 40 channels.  Can’t wait to incorporate the Tablo tomorrow. 

If anyone is in New England and looking for someone who specializes in antenna installations, look up Gary at New England Antenna Service.  It was not inexpensive to do this, but I feel I got excellent value for my money.  It will take about a year after kicking DirecTv to the curb to recoup my total investment.

@ChrisWilkes we canceled hulu after our transition to the tablo. We were only using it for missed episodes of network shows.

Recieved, installed, happy so far. <:-P

Received mine on Friday.  Happy so far!  Few suggestions so far for improvement that are in other posts.

Now if only the WiFi would work on the device.  Currently user a wireless media bridge to connect the Tablo.  Anyone else who received a new 4 tuner able to see the Tablo broadcast its SSID in the WiFi list?

@theKman It is so funny you mentioned Gary at New England Antenna Service.  He installed a 4228 and preamp for me last Friday.  I mentioned that I had a Tablo on order and he told me about you.  I was shocked at how well my antenna setup works in my fringe area.   He did good work and I agree while it was not inexpensive, it is an excellent value for the money.   The World Cup was unbelievable HDTV quality.  

@vgrund  Yes, Gary certainly does good work.  I’m in Hudson, so definitely not a “fringe” area for me, but I happen to be on the north side of a hill, opposite the Newton towers, so that’s the challenge I had.  I tried a Mohu Leaf 50 just for kicks, and it only got me the three local channels from the tower a few miles away.  Barely.  Gary got me 40 with his setup.  It’s tough to spend so much money when this is being done as a money saving venture, but if you keep the long-term savings in mind it’s easier to swallow.  That, and many many hours of trial and error on my roof just didn’t sound appealing.

@theKman Agree.  I am in Amherst in a very similar situation, on the North side of a hill covered with tall trees.  I also tried a Leaf, which sucked similarly for my circumstances.  I count 49 channels now, minus duplicates, foreign language and shopping channels, it is about 25 channels.  A year from now and ongoing, it will all be gravy.