Firmware 2.2.2 drives "Loading, Please Wait"

Not sure exactly what you are suggesting; I don’t see how to play a Tablo show directly through Plex. But I can tell you that I have ripped Tablo video, then played through Plex/Roku, and it played perfectly.

Also, I just now played a movie that is on my Plex server through the Roku app for playing stored video, and it plays perfectly too. So for me, this is clearly an issue in the Tablo box firmware.

I would really appreciate if someone from Tablo would explain why they do not make the previous rev, I think it was 2.2.1, available for installation while 2.2.2 problems are being investigate. Right now my unit is only useful for testing; I cannot watch Live TV nor anything recorded, regardless of mode, when I had no such problem with 2.2.1. Why withhold an obvious solution while investigating, instead of this constant stream of “Maybe it’s this, have you tried that, I think it is your router’s problem.” Please explain.

@oldmike

Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear, what I’m suggesting is to run the Tablo app from your Roku’s Plex app.

And find out if it bugs out from there.

Edit: There’s a Tablo channel that you can add from the available channels on the Plex channel list.

You can’t access your Tablo from the Plex app on the Roku. Not officially anyway.

As well, all current methods of extracting video from the Tablo re-encodes in the video. It is not the same video on the Tablo that is delivered to the Roke video player.

@theuser86

You mean tablo channels gets somewhat blocked and the other channels you have on plex do show?

I wish I could still test it :confused:

There is no official ‘Tablo channel’ for Plex.

This is a 3rd party plugin for Plex. It is not official. It has not been updated in a long time. The developer is waiting for the Tablo to complete major firmware updates.

well, official or not, I’m just pointing out whatever this version of the tablo app is doing, it’s working smooth with my chromecast while the “official” mytablo.tv browser app is unusable for me.

I would check it out if I still had my Roku is all I’m saying :slight_smile:

It is likely Plex Media Server is transcoding the video rather than Direct Play.

I don’t know WHY they have the pairing thing. Everyone can remember password for email, facebook, pin for debit card, etc, etc. I used to be a mainframe programmer then took networking classes at college. I’ve never heard of the pairing method previously. Name and password. MUCH SIMPLER so you could update when away from home. Hopefully added soon, but I really have no idea WHEN.

I agree user/pass is better, but I hope they do it right and not through some authentication server. I would prefer to login to my Tablo without a requirement to login to some jump server first. :smile:
Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Perhaps an option for those that know how to do everything to do at home and a Tablotv option for the rest that only works with EPG sub.

@jayeffgee, I didn’t think about that. Just tried it, and it timed out with a message that it could not find a Tablo on the network. But it used to work. Think I’ll try reinstalling it in Plex and see what happens. If I don’t report, then it still didn’t work.

Uninstalled the Tablo channel, but seems that it is no longer there. Tried looking around here; there used to be a dedicated chat group for Plex, but I don’t find it now.

Install channels -> Categories -> TV and it’s one of the last one on the list.

It’s pretty weird tho, if I try to play it from my web browser through Plex and Chromecast extension it won’t even start, if I play it from my iPhone through the Plex app to my chromecast it works perfect…

Acting strangely. When I get the list that includes Categories, I can’t get the list to expand below any of them. Just nothing happens. And a search for Tablo returned nothing. I am accessing it via VNC; never had that cause a problem before. Think that is an issue? Very inconvenient to drag a monitor to the garage where the Plex server is.

Based on Nuvyyo’s earlier replies in this forum, I had the impression the “Loading, please wait” problem was merely a buffer issue and would be a quick fix.

But, we’ve heard little in a week or so. Do you guys mind giving us an update on the eta of the fix?

@Belgian_Genius

The fact that many people are experiencing the issue with their Roku and Tablo both being hard wired, it is likely an issue with the native Roku video player not being abl to playback the 720p 60 fps h.264 video. The Roku is quite particular on how h.264 video is encoded, any deviation from the ‘standard’ and it does weird things like freeze permanently or ‘buffer’ with the loading please wait message.

The issue will require the addition of an entirely new streaming quality which will require a firmware update so it’ll require a bit more than the wave of a magic coding wand :slight_smile:

That is the team’s current priority and they’re working very hard to get that update completed. I don’t have an ETA at this time but will provide an update when we’re entering QA.

But the new firmware / streaming quality wont support 60fs on Roku, (based on a previous post I read) - correct?
So, does that mean for the near term at least, the Roku won’t reliably be able to be used with the 1080p recording quality setting (and 60fps recordings)?