FireTV and FireTV Stick

@wordtamer

The Fire TV app is going to use the same wireless bandwidth, it’s all local data transferred over your router.

@Wordtamer Have you seen that you can easily sideload the tablo web app and use a wireless mouse to navigate it?  It’s a little more functionality than Plex with the Fire TV.

@jbanks25, thanks, yes.  I’ve sideloaded firefox, but not the tablo web app.  My fireTV is acting a little odd since I did the sideload and attached mouse/keyboard.  I’m thinking of factory resetting it.  

@theuser86, I’m assuming that cutting plex out of the picture will reduce the need for Tablo to Plex then Plex to FireTV down to just Tablo to FireTV, which should reduce the bandwidth.  I hope it will work with my wired connections.   Both the Tablo PVR and the FireTV are wired to my router.

I have 3 FireTV all running the Tablo native app for 7" and higher effortlessly…you’ll need a wireless mouse.
Fast forward and backward is awkward but I get used to using the scrubber with the mouse so all is well.

@TabloTV - what ever happened to our promised preview? Did I miss it? Also, Are you in beta yet?

@BraveUpNorth We posted a sneak peek here. Beta hasn’t started yet, stay tuned :slight_smile:

@BraveUpNorth - Sorry, the sea of humanity at CES gave me a cold so I was out sick part of the week and am just catching up now. It’s on my to-do for Monday.

I pulled the Tablo Web app from my phone and it works flawlessly on my Fire TV! Just needs a mouse! Can’t wait to see the actual App.

Glad to hear it - I’ve got a Fire TV Stick, no USB port for a wireless mouse :confused:

@theuser86 - could you use this?
http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Mouse-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00S4MU62I/?tag=aftvn-20

Glad to hear it - I've got a Fire TV Stick, no USB port for a wireless mouse :/

You can use a bluetooth wireless mouse with your Fire TV stick.   

@7up

Thanks you made the suggestion before, but I don’t want to buy a Bluetooth mouse when I hope there will be a Fire TV Tablo app soon.

I run an app called Droidmote on the FireTV and use my Smartphone as wireless mouse & keyboard…the server app that sideloaded on the FireTV cost $3, the client app on the Smartphone is free.

Glad to hear it - I've got a Fire TV Stick, no USB port for a wireless mouse :/

I’m not using a USB mouse, I’m using a Bluetooth mouse. You should be able to find a settings.apk that lets you go into the regular android settings and pair with any bluetooth device

Any action here regarding the fire tv stick app?  Is there another thread about the progress of the amazon fire stick app?  Beta or ?

Btw, I did buy a bluetooth mouse hoping to side load, but the mouse did not work with the fire tv stick.  Even if it had worked though, a tv remote, a fire tv remote, and a bluetooth mouse all just to watch tv is absurd. 

@smeghead DId you load the settings.apk?  Mine worked right away.

I did, it just wouldn’t recognize the device.  Seems the fire stick is picky about what devices it will pair with.

Bummer that this thread is not getting any more traffic.  My tablo is still useless to me.

smeghead, have you tried using the Plex tablo app?  It is not as full featured as the native app will be but it is serviceable until the real app comes.  That is what I am currently using on my fire TV stick.  The biggest problem with it is not being able to delete shows you have watched and not having an organization for picking episodes of a show to watch. 

I’m in the process of running Roku 3 and AFTV side by side. I like the AFTV. I am currently just using the Roku for Tablo then if I make the switch I will have 3 Roku 3’s for sale.