FireTV and FireTV Stick

@TabloSupport - Did you all see that Amazon released an announcement today that it is allowing thrid party developers to release html5 based web apps on the fire tv platform?

Seems like that would be a GREAT stop gap measure for a FireTV app while the Actual native app is being finished up…

+1

Gonna be a lot of Fire TVs and Fire TV sticks received as gifts this season.  Would be nice to have a way to interface with our Tablos.

You got something in your eye!!

@TabloTV - while we await your native Android TV/Fire TV app, as PiX64 mentioned, please divert a few resources to modify your existing web app so that it works on Fire TV?    Native Android app much preferable however while we “stay tuned” why not expand support for client devices beyond Roku and help yourself gain more users/customers?  

"Amazon Fire TV, including both Fire TV and the Fire TV Stick, now supports HTML5 web apps. You can now port your web app to a new platform and submit it to the Amazon Appstore with minimal effort."

https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/platforms/webapps/docs/getting-started-with-web-apps-for-fire-tv

https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/solutions/platforms/webapps

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZ3I1W8

We’re hearing you guys loud & clear… If you can just shine it on a bit longer we’ll make sure this wish gets granted.

FWIW with a wireless mouse and a little side-loading love it works great already.  I realize that’s not the out of the box answer people crave though.

Agreed @jbanks25 the sideloading works awesome.  I went by Officemax and picked up a Logitech K400r wireless keyboard/mouse, plugged the dongle into the usb port of the firetv and it works perfect…

The K400 is perfect for the Fire TV and also what i use.  

The K400 is perfect for the Fire TV and also what i use.  

Yup… I just got the Favi FE02VTBL in and it does not work with Fire TV; just Fire Stick for whatever reason… oh well… I’ll get another K400 from Amazon for twenty bucks and I’m sure I can find something to use with the Favi…

As soon as the FireTV stick is supported, I will be purchasing one to work with my Tablo

One of things I don’t like about the Amazon eco-system is how fast the deprecate their devices. But if you don’t mind buying new Amazon devices every couple of years (e.g. similar to how people buy phones), then I guess maybe it’s good (?).

One of things I don't like about the Amazon eco-system is how fast the deprecate their devices. But if you don't mind buying new Amazon devices every couple of years (e.g. similar to how people buy phones), then I guess maybe it's good (?).

What is the purpose of posting anti-Amazon comments in a thread for people who interested in gaining Tablo TV support?    If you love your Roku or whatever it is you use thats great but its quite sad you need to push your personal agenda when you could just have easily started a new thread. 

I get my Fire TV Stick in a few days, I am hoping for support soon! Until then Roku is legit.

One of things I don't like about the Amazon eco-system is how fast the deprecate their devices. But if you don't mind buying new Amazon devices every couple of years (e.g. similar to how people buy phones), then I guess maybe it's good (?).

What is the purpose of posting anti-Amazon comments in a thread for people who interested in gaining Tablo TV support?    If you love your Roku or whatever it is you use thats great but its quite sad you need to push your personal agenda when you could just have easily started a new thread. 

Uh… did not mean to suggest anti-Amazon, sorry you took it that way.  Just something I don’t like about Amazon devices so far.  I guess I just wanted to remind people that there is a possible reason why they are so cheap.  For people, like myself, that are Amazon Prime members, they can be great devices… I’m  still trying to decide if the cost vs. benefit is worth it.  YMMV.

Does Roku or anything else similar have better hardware specs than FireTV?