Failed to load. Item not found on each Channel

Same issue here.

Martin_Proulx… THANKS for the solution!!

I think it is too bad that Tablo doesn’t seem to have an oncall person working the weekends or after hours.

1 Like

We have the same issue. Funny as I just go ta new update on my iPhone. Wonder when it will all sync??

I’m having the same issue. Tried every troubleshooting technique I could think of. I have 3 Apple TV 4’s. I’ve tried restarting Apple TV, updating Apple TV, restarting router, and restarting Tablo. Each to no avail. The issue started right after Tablo was updated on Apple TV. I can only watch a show if I click on the channel. Only very few shows can I click on to record or view. On most shows, I get the “Failed to load. Item not found.” error. Hopefully someone comes up with a fix. Once again, I have the older Apple TV 4’s. Not the new ones that allow viewing of 4K. I hope this helps Tablo with their troubleshooting.

For now just click on the Channel ID on the left instead of the program!

They got free tech here on weekend :slight_smile:

LOL, true but can you fix the software issue? :joy:

1 Like

Same here. Failed to Load on Apple TV. Hopefully a software Fix is in the works!

Same problem here cannot select program in guide to record future programs or watch live tv with Apple tv4

A fix will be submitted to the App Store today.

In the meantime, you can begin playback of live TV by selecting the channel ID vs. show ID and schedule recordings via any other Tablo app including the web app at my.tablotv.com.

1 Like

I’m a software engineer for aircraft avionics, it makes you look really bad when you don’t test your software first. Getting impossible to recommend your product with so many engineering failures

Let’s get real here. When your software fails, we DIE. When Tablo software fails, I may miss a recording. But I will thank you for your fine work in aircraft avionics software and really glad that you do good work for all of us. 3.6 yr Tablo user and very happy with product. Cheers

1 Like

I think that’s a little harsh. There is a world of difference between your software that is either designed to keep people alive to 6 sigma (or perhaps kill enemies to the same degree of certainty) and a simple OTA DVR recorder. Would you care to share your manpower levels and budget? I’m sure the entire Tablo setup could fit into a rounding error of your numbers.

Also, how frequently do you roll out updates?

Ditto.

@Jason_Clevenger, @sodaman_2000, @Bardel, I think this says it all.

And IMHO, that’s the best indicator of support by a company/person, and is probably more valuable than any initial quality assessment.

(well, unless the Tablo bug is actually killing puppies or something…)

No puppies were harmed in the making of this bug.

It was simply human error and like all mistakes we make, we try to learn from them so they don’t happen again. (At least not in quite the same way.)

1 Like

So wait, you joined the forums specifically to make one of your 2 total posts with a comment like that?

For those of us that have been around a while that’s kinda ironic when the issue you are complaining about is one that actually has a workaround.

How long have you had your Tablo? To make a comparison like you did without having read more of the forums seems a bit on the trollish side.

Kinda curious as to what caused this failure. My Tablo was working great on Apple TV up until sometime late last week (11 thru 15 Dec).

Did Apple TV or Tablo push a software update?

(I’m new to the Apple TV world and don’t know if Apple automatically pushes updates)

Hoping someone at Tablo can provide the pathology.

BTW, I’ve been running Tablo for about a month now and I’m pleased with the way it works on Apple TV (I just bought a new 4th gen).

Hi everyone!

A fix is now on its way to the App Store in the latest Tablo app version (v1.4.2). You can choose to update the app immediately on your Apple TV to resolve the issue, but most devices should auto-update within 24 hours.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

I just downloaded the update of the Tablo app (12/20/17, 5:45pm ET) and it is working great! Thanks, Tablo Gang!

1 Like