Error : Weak Signal

I had this issue today quad tuner version 2.1.28.  Issue solved after reboot.

Really looking forward to having a fix. I get this problem frequently and have just lost a week’s worth of recording while out on vacation which has seriously impacted the “Wife Acceptance Factor”.

@Kaizen @linuxguy

The beta .29 firmware has fixed this issue.

Wait for the official release.

@theuser86 @Kaizen @linuxguy the beta .29 firmware also DRAMATICALLY increased the load of the recording pictures.  Now IF the loading of the EPG could only be made to load THAT FAST.

How does one get access to the beta firmware?  I would like to try this as I have been needing to reboot at least once a week these days

@beastman - That will be coming in the next Roku update coming shortly. Stay tuned! 

Probably a stupid question, but the it appears the recordings that occuring during the “Weak signal” is affected as well, just want to make sure I didnt stumble onto something else,

Have had to reboot 3 times now in 10days.  Works flawless in between.  But its like windows 95 again, reboot reboot reboot.  =)

If you’ve seen this issue the new firmware out today should correct it: http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/2190/new-firmware-release-2-1-30

1 Like

I just started getting this error any help would be appricated

What antenna do you have? 2 tuner or 4 tuner Tablo? What device are you using to watch Tablo? What firmware in Tablo (2.2.2 or 2.2.5 beta) and what version of the Tablo program for the device you are using to watch? For example, Tablo origingal channel on Roku, Tablo Preview Channel on Roku, Tablo Preview Beta on Roku.

mine did this today for the 1st time. i unplugged and waitied, and it came back. this will be a problem if it does not record when scheduled.

Brand new quad tuner did this to me tonight. Firmware 2.2.2. Cycled power to restore.

Reset doesn’t work for me. I have to power cycle. And it seems to always happen on Sundays. Tablo used to be so easy. I have a lifetime subscription but I’m thinking about bailing on all of these problems.

I’m confused a “reset” is a power cycle no? Or do you meant rebooting the unit via the little blue button on the back doesn’t work?

Tapping the blue button will reboot the Tablo aka reset it. Holding the blue button for 30 seconds will factory reset the Tablo.

I’m getting this error today. Tried reset and power-cycling, still happening.

Can’t see football!

1. Bad weather where you’re located?
  2. Plug in the coaxial cable from the OTA antenna into your HDTV directly and see if that channel you want to watch works.

Hi theuser86,

Negative, weather here in New Orleans is clear, not a cloud. TV works fine with the antenna attached directly.

If you have already tried power cycling the Tablo, router and the playback device, in that order, then I say open a support ticket with Tablo.

The Error - Weak Signal issue can occur with HDD disconnects as well, so I recommend power cycling the HDD as well.

I used to get Weak signal when the hard disk was full, prior to upgrading to 5 TB. How much free space on your disk?

I’ll be in Kinder, LA a couple of days in Feb.

Despite my hard drive having plenty of free space, it looks like the issue was my hard drive, which has been giving me problems lately (though usually Tablo indicates that the drive is the issue – not this time).

I plugged my hard drive into another computer and it didn’t show up in WinExplorer. Went through the exercise of deleting and re-creating the partition, formatting in Windows, and formatting by Tablo.

This seems to have fixed it.

I think I need to bite the bullet and get a new drive.

Thank you to those who offered troubleshooting advice.

Jay R.

1 Like