Error : Weak Signal

Funny thing…this morning when I get the weak signal thing from tablo (via roku 3) I used Simple.tv in its place. Why is that funny? Simple.tv has a pathetic tuner that tablo is (normally) way ahead of. 

Sorry but this is a bit of an embarressment for tablo IMO.

This needs to be fixed.  It is happening on a daily basis.  I would prefer to revert back to the old version because whatever features you added are not better than the bug that was introduced.

@Eves

The “weak signal” error has nothing to do with the Tablo’s tuner - it appears to be a software error. It’s a new bug with .28 firmware - they know, they’re fixing it.

@Eves

The “weak signal” error has nothing to do with the Tablo’s tuner - it appears to be a software error. It’s a new bug with .28 firmware - they know, they’re fixing it.

The end result is what matters The fact is…when tablo refuses to tune to a channel…for whatever reason…when simple.tv can then tablo has failed.

@Eves

Call it a failure but I have never experienced this bug myself. And the Tablo is way more reliable than Simple.TV or I’m sure you and I both would have stuck with Simple.TV

@Eves

It has dragged on for almost a month and there isn’t even a beta for us to test the fix.  Is it going to take six months?

I haven’t had a single issue with my 2 Rokus.  For those of you have that problem, try to be patient.  It’s not going to take 6 months to fix.

Started today I got same issue on my Roku3,

Firestick and my computer displays same issues with horrible pixelation and finally just loses connectivity to the Tablo Tuner.

@simonots

Pixelation on multiple devices is likely an issue with your OTA antenna signal strength.

True, but the reception shows max,I rebooted the Tablo and it works fine again.  First issue in a almost a month of use, so not too bad.  

I started a support session a couple of weeks ago and was told it was the tv stations problem even thought it didn’t start until the firmware update and have a friend who has the exact same issue and he is looking to return his box. I would love a fix before I give up on Tablo. It’s a shame we weren’t told that they identified a firmware bug and are fixing it.
Any time line on the fix??

Quad tuner - ALL devices. This started with the latest patch.

This happens at least 2-3x a week!

The only fix I’ve found is to pull the plug.

I’m surprised at this… instability. Usually these things only occur on a dirty power connection - this device is plugged into a UPS, so it has to be a bug or memory leak in the code somewhere.

@alanhinrichs - We think we’ve isolated the issue and are doing some testing to confirm. Thanks for your patience.

@alanhinrichs - We think we've isolated the issue and are doing some testing to confirm. Thanks for your patience.

Awesome, happened twice for me since last week, prior to that been pretty flawless.

TabloTV - Is this the same issue that give me problem recording on 1 channel (40) (CHOT) in the Ottawa region?

I always get 5 green circles in the scan but recordings are bad most of the time (pixelation). This all started with the last update.

Hope this gets fixed sooner than later, getting weak signal error 2-3 times a week now. Wife not happy.

We have a new firmware build that is going into QA today. We’re hopeful this will eliminate the weak signal error issue.

@TabloTV

A new beta firmware for the Tablo?

Correct @theuser86.

Looking forward to this as I’ve had my tablo a couple weeks and it has been great. Then this week I’ve gotten that weak signal twice. I noticed today that it changed the name to “quad-tuner” or something like that when trying to connect from the Roku. usually it is just “tablo” and was again after I power cycled it.