Do You Have a Professional TV Antenna Installer to Recommend?

Hi folks -

Today’s blog post is all about how to find a professional TV antenna installer in your area:

If you used a professional installer and you liked them, feel free to share their contact info below and maybe a quick review of your experience.

Hopefully we can create a nice rolodex of local experts that other cord cutters can feel confident calling upon.

1 Like

They put our antenna up in our attic. Clean, fast and professional. No complaints. Sure, you can do all of this on your own, and arguably, I know a lot more than I did then, but if you’re unsure, these guys do know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

We install all over the DFW metroplex or within 60-70 miles of the broadcast towers in Cedar Hill (75104).

(469) 321-0507

1 Like

Luke (old owner of CCN) tested DISH and was satisified with them. They provided the antenna too.

As we noted in the blog post, the reviews on DISH’s service has been mixed. If the antenna they supply and the location they want to put it in is right for your needs, then it seems to go OK. If not, then you may not get the result you want.

Luke tested near Temple TX and Grand Rapids. Both were good. Guess it depends on location. I live in an apartment, no attic, snd set up my own indoor antenna that gets 50 channels, so I’d say I did a great job.

Capital Region Tech sells and installs OTA Antennas in the Albany Schenectady Troy Saratoga Catskill Schoharie and Kingston Areas in Upstate NY also newly added is Long Island and Western Mass
Please Call 518-947-9392 or email capitalregiontech@gmail.com

1 Like

Yes I used The Antenna Guys in the greater Toronto area to install my antenna and connect my new Tablo.

After installing the antenna I got 50 OTA channels that I can record on my Tablo.

Here is their address
https://www.theantennaguys.com/

1 Like

I called a couple of roofers up, mixed reaction. I have the antenna, coax cable, I have the metal piece and long screw part to get the antenna. I need someone in Philadelphia. I will try and call dish and see if they can get someone to come out.

Contact Tyler the antenna man in Philly. I’m not sure if he actually does installations but he knows his stuff.

ty for that but I want to talk to someone before the info first.

You may be able to contact him directly via the AVS Forum without submitting a (fee-based) request on his site:

link please

I gave you four links to contact Tyler, are they not working for you?

I registered on there. See what happens. ty

i don’t do facebook. deactivated 7 yrs ago. never again.

1 Like

I found someone that is around the corner and will do it for $150. told the guy after xmas holiday.

1 Like

Did it myself. Most “experts” have no idea what they are doing.
I used the base of the old dish, but it’s nearly as easy to bolt the new one onto the roof. Locate the nearest joist and make sure at least one upper and one lower bolt go into it. Predrill for stainless Lag Bolts and use a ratchet so you don’t overtighten.
Run the coax over the side and under the eve, or drill a hole in the roof over the open eve rather than the attic and use a coax grommet, then terminate after passing the cable through the hole. Add a grounding block and surge arrester where it comes out under the eve (I attached it to the Bird Block).
Ground with #10 bare copper to your house’s grounding rod or plate or the wire leading to it.

I can recommend a company named Mr Antenna. I believe they are national or close to it.
I had contacted Paul several times before making the decision of the Tablo which he recommended.
He provided me with one of the newest antennas which is smaller and is on the outside of the house on the roof. He came to my home and installed the antenna and hooked everything up. He then showed me how to use the Tablo. Total cost for me here in Phoenix AZ was around $320.
I don’t have a link but I do have the email. MrAntennaPHX@gmail.com

1 Like

You also should ground the mast.