Daytona 500

Wondering if anyone else is missing this weekend’s Daytona 500 from the Sports schedule?  I waited a few days before posting this to see if it would be added but alas, no.

Guess I’ll just do a manual recording.

Not in my sports section either, it likely does not show up as sports in their data… @TabloTV something you need to look at? or send to the guide provider

What channel is it supposed to be on? 

It might just be marked as a ‘special’… Can you search for Daytona? 

(I checked but it doesn’t look like it’s being broadcast in Canada so it’s not appearing in our local guides.)

A search pops up two programs classified as “TV Shows”…the “Daytona 500 Bash at the Beach”, which is a one hour show the night before on Saturday, and the “Daytona 500 Pre-Race”…the one hour pre-race show BEFORE the actual race.

The listing for the actual race is missing.

It is on FOX (locally in Milwaukee as Channel 6-1).

I found it.  If you do a search for NASCAR, you will see the correct logo for the Daytona 500.  It is on FOX from 12-4 (CST) this Sunday.

However the guide data should be a lot better.  The title is “NASCAR Racing”, and the episode info just gives my channel number and a time.  If you expand the episode and see the details, then you can tell it is the Daytona 500.

It is also listed under “TV Shows” and not Sports.

Just did a search for “NASCAR” and the actual race listing now pops up under “TV Shows”, but still doesn’t if I search for “Daytona”.

Guessing it should be listed under sports but it is not.

The same here. I had to look under TV Shows to find it. It is not listed under Sports.

Good to know guys. 

Most sporting events are correctly classified but these ‘one off’ events sometimes are a bit sketchy on details. 

The Daytona 500 happens every single year.  It is the Super Bowl of Stock Car racing and is the first race of the season for NASCAR.  Hardly a one-off event.

Sorry, I should have said, “Once per year.” 

Team sports like football, baseball, basketball and hockey generally have excellent metadata because they happen regularly. Events like this that are sporadic seem to get less time and attention paid by the broadcasters when it comes to metadata. 

We’re always working with our data providers to improve the quality of data and we’ll certainly let them know about this. 

I guess what is strange is that there is a NASCAR Racing category under sports.  There is even a race under there for the following Sunday after this one.  I don’t know why the Daytona 500 wouldn’t be in that category.  The guide provider should be able to fix it.

Ran into this as well. I set Nascar to record all new and none of the Daytona events were scheduled. Had to schedule Daytona separately.

Sorry, I should have said, "Once per year." 

Team sports like football, baseball, basketball and hockey generally have excellent metadata because they happen regularly. Events like this that are sporadic seem to get less time and attention paid by the broadcasters when it comes to metadata. 

We're always working with our data providers to improve the quality of data and we'll certainly let them know about this. 

The Daytona 500 is only once per year and kicks off the season for the Sprint Cup Series.  Following that there is a race nearly EVERY week until the final event in October.  It is always Nascar Racing, but different tracks.  There is also multiple series. Sprint Cup, Xfinity Series and the Camping World Truck Series.   

This is not a “one time” event except for that particular race.  You will also have a tremendous amount of other items, such as qualifying that appear under Nascar Racing, at least using DirecTV metadata search.  I think you will also find something similar with NHRA and other auto racing sports.

Glad I saw this post though because I had planned on recording it and the Duels and now know how to find it.

Hey all - We’re going to reach out to our provider today to see if we can get this patched up.