Chromecast support for iOS

Keep your vulgarity for yourself.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. But I will be trying to sell my stuff. At least the product isn’t dead like some others. There is a market for Tablo. Eventually I hope they get there.

1 Like

That’s not the same thing. Not at all.

I am in the same boat. I just bought a four channel Tablo. I did quite a bit of research on ways to cut the cord and thought this was a good option for us. It came today, and I set it up only to find that our Chromecast devices that we use with our iPads all the time for everything from YouTube, to Netflix, to HBO Go, will not cast to the Tablo. I also feel misinformed. Technically, yes it will work with Chromecast and iOS, just not together. Why?

The fact that this issue has been around since 2014 tells me not to get my hopes up. I am very disappointed. Hopefully you guys can add much needed Chromecast functionality to your app on the iOS platform.

This is an old long drawn out debate here. I myself drank the Kool-Aid of Chromecast support only to be forced to abandon them (yet they are listed as a supported solution for this product) in favor of extracting content from my Tablo and watching it via Plex. I feel your pain but you will get little sympathy from these forums.

Another vote for IOS support. I use my iPhone.

Just purchased a Tablo 2. I was very impressed with the device until i found out that Chromecast isn’s supported on IOS… Are you serious. Their site is VERY misleading. I’m tempted to return it to the store just on principal. And now to see that Tablo has been aware of this issue since 2014!!! This is absurd.

Welcome to the party. Been there with you on this! I too drank the Kool-Aid on this and was disappointed as well.

“Chromecast is a thumb sized media streaming device for the Android/Google ecosystem that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV, allowing you to use your smartphone, tablet or laptop to ‘cast’ content”

They probably should clarify “Android smartphone, tablet” as it doesn’t work with iOS smartphones or tablets (aka iPhone or iPad)

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-cord-cutting-ecosystem/#chromecast

Chromecast works seamlessly with my IOS device on many different apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, etc. Pretty much every app where it makes sense to have chromecast functionality. The only exception is on my Tablo IOS app. Which by the way is plastered all over their site that they support Chromecast functionality. I’ve also learned now that I can’t even cast from my computer… it doesn’t work! What a joke. So disappointed in Tablo.

It should be able to cast from the Chrome browser on a computer - what computer, what OS is it running?