Chromecast experiences? Help gather info

I read some reviews on the Tablo about that. I was really rolling the dice though. I was hoping my current setup was going to work with 4 tuners. I was wrong. I still wanna see what the Channel Master will do. If that works that will keep my wife happy and I’ll just tell her I sold this. Of course, I’ll have to explain the 50 hours a week I’m spending still trying to make the Tablo work. :slightly_smiling:

So there is a diff between the 2 on how well they pick up TV then?

I’m giggling at the other part btw. :smiley:

Actually the more I think about that tho… 50 hours working on trying to get this to work actually sounds about right.

with all else the same, the 2 tuner will have a stronger signal and easier reception. If it was weak to begin with, a preamp should be considered. If it was good without splitting, distribution amp. If it is “noisy”, a better antenna is the first step.

I was looking at the diff of the new antenna & the old with my fancy $40 tuner & it’s rabbit ears & the Tablo with it’s new 30 mile radius one. Really didn’t see much of a diff other than the rabbit ears pixilated a few times & the new one didn’t. The super fancy 5 year old tuner doesn’t crash other apps or have silly 3Mbps restrictions when cast either. :smiley:

Again I’m right next to all the towers tho. It’s also just flat swamp land too around me. When I did the map look up of what channels I should get, they’re all 5-10 miles from me.

stupid swamp trees eating your RF… slight elevation boost could dramatically impact signal…

Katrina… trees are gone :frowning:

Never guess where I live huh? LOL

My understanding is they already have LNA’S built in
.[quote=“Kartajan, post:175, topic:7502, full:true”]

or put a LNA(Low Noise Amplifier) in the Tablo to offset internal splitter loss.
Adding antennae should be for actual reception issues, not overcoming signal loss due to splitting…
[/quote]

if so, turn them up a bit… :slight_smile:

I put a KT-500 Amp in that TabloFan suggested. It did improve signal and I actually pulled like 5 more stations in. I’m betting the Tablo-2 probably would work better. I just wanted everything to run off the table. No wires. Antenn, amp, Tablo, all in the basement (which is where I’m sleeping now since I got this thing).

Antenna in the basement? no wonder you have issues… :slightly_smiling:
seriously, for the minimalist look of “no wires”, how is your WiFi? I think “N” has optimal penetration… (AC is faster, but less range)

Ha! No, that’s outside. Actually, I’m hardwired to Tablo. Also, just upgraded my Commycast Router yesterday since it was a free upgrade. Before I had N but only 2.4Ghz. The new one does both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz AND has AC. I’ve never had a problem with my wireless. I can stream Plex anywhere in the house or outside.

But, I didn’t split the Antenna to all the rooms. I was trying to avoid that, just use devices for TV or Recordings. That’s what you’re SUPPOSED to be able to do, right?

Yes, I got fed up on Live and went with HDHR for that. Tablo has been great for me as a DVR ONLY.

Keeps my viewing by Device (Shield/ NP) and my antenna stuff in a separate hidey hole.

Hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

You use a $200 HR just for live tv? :-o

$200- that would be the Extend, I have the Connect…

ahhh… hehe

Channel Master just emailed me this new product. More hardware to throw at the Tablo? http://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Antenna_LTE_Filter_p/cm-3201.htm

only if you are REALLY close to a cell tower…

Isn’t everyone close to one now adays?