Channel reception issues

Yep.

That’s the same situation with the Winegard LNA-100 and 200 preamps. They’re both the same except one comes with a unified power\preamp integrated into a single module whereas the other separates the two. The LNA-200 is for outside mounting, the LNA-100 for inside use.

1 Like

Interestingly - Winegard markets the LNA-100 as an amplifier, and the LNA-200 as a preamplifier. Guess it’s all semantics - but the location of the amplifying devices closer to the antenna minimizes amplifying noise no?

They’re both identical in looking at the transistors, semiconductors, capacitors and resisters used.

Closer to the antenna is better for preamp. Not only because of the noise on the line but long running cables attenuate the signal. Placing a preamp at the end of the line, one is amplifying an already diminished signal. I tried that with a 100 foot cable and the difference was a 27 db SNR reading with preamp close to the antenna and 24 db SNR with preamp at the end of the cable. Signal went from 90% to 80%.

I also connected the filter to preamp using an F Male Coupler thus avoiding a cable:

1 Like

If I get the Channel Master LTE filter though then I won’t need such a coupler right?

I can screw it directly into the preamp.

Right, CM designed theirs so it screws right into the target without needing a cable or other. They also show theirs going right into the TV.

Ah I see - I was looking on their website, is it not for outdoor use then? The preamp is outside.

Never mind - outside is fine per their PDF

I’ve had my LTE filter for a week now and hasn’t had any of the picture skip/distortion/digital pixelation/audio drops. (I guess maybe I just wasn’t having any) But here I am today watching the NCAA games with no weather issues, ok temperatures, perfect (green dot) signal strength and I’m getting those distorting issues again.

Hello all thanksyou to make me join here