CES 2016: Previewing New Tablo Apps for Apple TV and LG webOS Smart TVs

FYI - It comes out of a recording just fine on my 6+

@RetiredEngineer - The last ticket we have from you is from last January. If you can please place a ticket with us carefully illustrating/describing all of the issues youā€™re currently experiencing we can work with you to try to find out why youā€™re seeing things that others arenā€™t.
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

4 Likes

5 Likes

Thank you @TabloTV for the support. I will contact Tablo for support and put these issues into a concise list. A bit confusing that my iPhone 6+ has a clearly demonstrated 100% repeatable issue yet another iPhone 6+ user does not. Wonder what if any settings could be different to explain this.

Also amazed that no support request showed up after January 2015 since I called and spoke with David regarding fast forward rebooting and other issues starting after the April 2015 crashing and rebooting began.

Larry

@MotobikeMan - Incidentally, engineers may be more inclined to ponder, discuss, and yes, even argue for getting technical problems solved. Itā€™s what we doā€¦

Cannot ever say I ā€œlikeā€ arguing however. I just want a dependable high quality product.

Larry

@RetiredEngineer - Ah, calls are logged differently than support tickets. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of things for you.

1 Like

Now, back to our regular scheduled broadcast ofā€¦ā€œCan I get on Apple TV Beta list?ā€

The app looks great, as you can see there is alot of pent up demand for this app. Many of us bought an Apple TV thinking the app may come out sooner. Weā€™ll be as patient as possible, we are just excited.

For me, its about having one interface, one remote, and absolutely no need to switch inputs ever again. From what I see if you have an LG WebOS TV, you might be able to have a similar experience (they have hulu, netflix, even amazon).

1 Like

Even if it means seeding every thread with bitching, moaning, rants, unsolicited management advice and whatever else happens to cross your mind at the given moment.

If you have problems, stop derailing every thread you see and make a thread of your own so the discussions can be a bit more focused instead of random posts from you sprinkled throughout the site. Its literally what the support and trouble shooting forum is for. This is a damn announcement post and you have managed to drag it down toā€¦god knows what.

2 Likes

word

@Andrroidā€”

Your first post in this Announcement thread (repeated
Immediately above) had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT of new players.

Couuld YOU PLEASE, to use your exact words,
ā€œstop derailing every thread you see and make a thread of your own so the discussions can be a bit more focused instead of random posts from youā€.

Thanks in advance for acknowledging and then hopefully following your own adviceā€¦

Larry.

OK peopleā€¦ Let it goā€¦

Now I feel like breaking into song

Iā€™ll take your redirection and deflection to indicate that you agree that derailing should probably stop and from here on out, youā€™ll be posting in the appropriate arenas and hopefully confining your complaining to your own threads (the added side benefit being that some of us can outright ignore your drivel).

Thank you for your compliance.

Winter is very mild so far this year, I expect Spring to come early along with my Apple TV app.

1 Like

Getting the Pressā€¦ Nice work guys

1 Like

And for those who want a video sneak peek: http://bit.ly/appletvvid

2 Likes

That is one good looking app! Looks very native to the iOS and TVOS design guidelines. Question - did you already start a tuner recording the Americaā€™s Funniest Home Videos before you started recording the video demonstration of playback on Live TV? Because if that was just a normal cold start up, I want whatever you did there on my Shield TV.

I also like that when you go to a recording, it shows you thumbnails of what is recorded. I think the current Android TV app looks great, but it would be nice to quickly have an idea of what is recorded.

1 Like

I had the same question! I assume they did, and that is why they didnā€™t tune to a different channel.

We only have one channel ā€˜liveā€™ at CES because weā€™re using an ATSC generator to create a ā€˜localā€™ broadcast because weā€™re in the middle of a giant metal building. :wink:

Iā€™m not actually at the show, so Iā€™m not sure if it was previously tuned. I will try to find out though.

Regardless, the Apple TV app is amazingly fast for all nav. I think everyone will be really happy with it.

1 Like

Now youā€™re just teasing us :imp:

1 Like

LOL

I know it feels like this:

But weā€™re coding as fast as we can. Itā€™s a BIG job to deliver an app on a new platform like this but it WILL be worth the wait.

1 Like