CBS tuning issues Los Angeles

Yesterday’s during Trump’s phone conversation with Putin, Putin volunteered to send some technicians to fix the problem. The problem now is that they are Syrian and are stuck in customs at the airport.

3 Likes

I am in Anaheim, using an indoor antenna and a converter box. Like some others, it is only CBS channel 2 that I have trouble receiving. I do get it sometimes, then I lose it again. I replaced my converter box about a month ago. With the previous box, I found CBS to have the weakest signal of the major networks. Now things have gotten worse, especially during and after rains. No problem getting their sister station, KCAL 9. Am surprised about the news blackout on this online, and like others I have to wonder if this has been given the high priority by CBS to attend to the problem. Of course, not being a specialized transmission person, I don’t know what it would take to implement the fix.

I’m farther away than you and I have a signal. But I do have a nice antenna, even if it is inside :wink:

And I have CBS back now for a week or so

Is someone having problems receiving the digital signal for CBS??? We have all other channels but now channel 2???

It likely is just in your area. What city are you in? Have you looked at the station’s twitter feed or webpage to see if they have had issues?

Broadcasters do tower maintenance every so often, and the power is usually reduced considerably when during that time. But three weeks seems way too long for maintenance.

Are you in LA? CBS tuning issues Los Angeles

In Pasadena…I have been reading about towers in Mt Wilson being down

I have been reading about Towers in Mt. WIlson and Glendale being down and CBS has sent a response to a person regarding this in another website.

It seems that there are at least two threads on this topic. I believe that the cause of the problem was actually quoted in one of the threads.

But people seem to think that when a tower, primary transmission equipment, and some secondary transmission equipment suffer damage due to a lightning strike some wizard will fix it the next day. They probably have been watching to many reruns of the Hobbit.

CBS seems to be back online. I just rescanned today and get all green from Irvine (40 miles away).

I am in Irvine, as well. But sadly, a rescan did not bring back 2.1 or 2.2. My CBS LA Channel 2 came in perfectly prior to their antenna signal dying/being decreased in strength.

I really hope they fix it soon.

I had been good until Sunday nights shows, which were pretty pixelated

1 Like

Hi, when you scanned did you scan the tv and then Tablo, just tv or just Tablo?

I live in Monrovia, I can see my Wilson and have a rooftop killer antenna that prior to cbs doing something provided great channel 2 reception.

I just scanned my tv ( annoys me because I don’t want the 166 channels rather just about 20 and then I have to delete…). I got 4, 5, 7…but no 2 or 2.1.

Do I need to scan via Tablo? Last week channel 2 worked a bit via Tablo tv.

My antenna guy said he checked a few installs and it’s definitely a cbs issue.

Thanks,

• S

Still no signal in Pasadena.

I called the CBS LA TV station switchboard. The operator said that when it’s eventually fixed, people won’t have to do a rescan. The frequency they use is not changing. So, the feed should just show up as before.

Keep in mind, of course, that the info from the operator might be inaccurate.

Yesterday, I rescanned three different devices (Tablo, Channel Master DVR+, and a TV). No ch 2.1 or 2.2 came up on any of them. I’m in Irvine, using a great antenna that had no trouble pulling in CBS Los Angeles prior to the Mt. Wilson outage.

Very disappointing that the outage has lasted so long. Perhaps it will be fixed before the Grammy Awards telecast?

Still no signal in Monrovia…

Since CBS is using and probably owns frequency 43. It would be very telling about the amount of damage if it had to borrowed a sub-channel from a friendly station. Acquiring a new frequency would cost millions of dollars and a long time to obtain the proper permits. Of course they could spend even more millions and buy a station that wants to exit the L.A. market and switch programming.

“The operator said that when it’s eventually fixed” - If the operator really said “eventually” that might be a clue.

I am in the Woodbridge area of Irvine. When KCBS (ch 2-1) went out few weeks back, I got my picture back by reposition my indoor cheapy antenna. Did not try to scan or anything. No problem since I re-positioned the antenna.

This afternoon, CBS 2 came back on its own. No rescan required. No reposition of the antenna. I hope that means the broken signal from Mt. Wilson has been fixed for good.

I’m in Huntington Beach. I lost channels 2 and 13 about 3 weeks ago and nothing I did would bring them back. Wish I’d found this thread before buying a new indoor antenna thinking my other one was failing. Hooked up the new one today, scanned and still no 2 or 13.