Can't set up Tablo Connect on ASUS RT-AC56R router!

@theuser86

It’s a small company and this guy has been there a long time. I would take your suggestion if I had the technical knowledge that you do, but I don’t.

@Nick I scanned through this thread and did not see the brand and model number of the modem. Can you provide this info?

@roraniel

I have no idea. The modem itself must be attached to the antenna, which I cannot access.  The only part I can identify is the power supply.  The cable from the antenna comes into the house and plugs into this. Then it plugs into my ASUS router, and the plug goes into an electrical outlet.

This link is not mine, but it is the exact same as mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-ACPSSW-13B-Canopy-Power-Supply-/291393846965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d86d3eb5

I tried to find out which Motorola canopy modem it is using the power supply details but I couldn’t.

You could go up on the roof or ask the ISP what the model is. As well if it’s even possible to access its configuration page.

@Nisk So theoretically if you plug that into your PC instead of your router you should be connected directly to the Modem. 

Then (theoretically) you should be able to type ipconfig in a Command Prompt Window and find the default gateway of the modem (example 192.168.100.1 is mine)

Then (also theoretically) you should be able to enter that default gateway into your internet browser address bar and the config page for your modem should pop up.

If you cannot get that far then your modem is probably not setup to do any configurations yourself. If you can get that you will probably need to find the default username and password for the modem so you can access the configuration pages.

They are often admin admin or user user.

At the very least you may be able to see a model number of the modem if you can access the configuration page

I logged into 192.168.100.1   the screenshot is below

http://bit.ly/1BJomCi

admin, admin doesn’t work and either does user, user.

This link says that a Cambium device uses username: admin password: Password.  http://doc.azenn.com/cambium/CambiumPMP450_InstallationGuide.pdf

This link says to try blank/blank or root/blank.  http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Other-PMP-Solutions/what-is-default-user-name-a-password-on-a-900mhz/td-p/14316

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but is there a reason why you chose such an unusual ISP?  Perhaps no other options available? 

If you are in Southern Ohio, I hope you are surviving the snow tonight. 

I will try those.

I live in a rural area in Northern Ohio.  It's my only option for internet. (Except for satellite options that have a monthly limit on data, no thanks)

We usually get a lot more snow than southern Ohio, but we're letting them have some for a change. :-)

@Nick

Playing with your modem settings could screw up your internet. Just FYI

With the modem outside you have no way to factory reset it.

I found and downloaded this document and did a search for Bridge. Page 435 shows your screen shot.

I am not at all familiar with this ISP but it looks to me like bridges with this ISP are used for joining clusters of access points. I did not see any reference to the ability to set your modem to bridge mode.

Did you explain to your ISP Tech Support why you are asking about bridge mode. They may have another way of accomplishing what you need.

@roraniel

Yes bridging different networks like the wired network and wireless network is very different than bridging the modem and router. In my first case, bridging can refer to connecting multiple LANs, which is not what we are discussing here.

What we want is bridge mode:
“Setting your modem to Bridge Mode will cause your modem to stop acting as a Wireless Access Point and router, and instead it will act simply as a pass through modem. This will allow you to use your own third party wireless device if you prefer. Once converted into Bridge Mode, you will not be able to utilize the wireless features of the Modem, and you will only be able to use as many ethernet ports on the back of the modem as you have IP’s registered to your device (typically this means you will only be able to use one or two ethernet ports simultaneously).”

In the OP’s case it is one IP and one device (his ASUS router). But that still doesn’t explain why he needs the ISP to provide him with a Static IP.

Thanks for all your help, folks.

I don’t think I’m going to mess with this any further. If I get to the point where I want to have remote access, I will probably just pay the extra $5 for it.

Appreciate all the help.

@Nick

What is your upload speed on your Internet anyway?

It could be a moot point about setting up Tablo Connect if it’s too slow. Too slow and the video quality won’t be good.

@theuser86  Yes I am aware of what bride mode is. 

@roraniel

I figured you did, my post was more for others reading this thread so they don’t get confused.

Once I have been faced with the same trouble, I found the manual site named Manualbirds, where you can view and download thousands of free PDF manuals, guides, and handbooks online. Here is the clink for the ASUS RT-AC56R manual: http://www.manualbirds.com/manuals/asus-rt-ac56r-user-manual-140583