Can't Connect to Tablo from a Phone/Tablet/Web App (blinking lights)

Well, I have to do something because I can watch any shows or see them from the app. Either a LAN line or Wi-Fi.

Let us know how it goes.

@VipeNess Sorry for the wait! Please keep us posted on how this goes.

I did not factory restore after reading the device could contain important logs for troubleshooting. Still need help. Last night, the Tablo started working and at around 10:00PM lost connection again. @TabloSupport @TabloTV

@VipeNess I touched base w/ our team, and they should be in touch!

This sounds like what I’m experiencing. Exactly the same…and I’m waiting for a response.

So, I followed the instructions you sent via email and got the Tablo back up and running. It keep prompting us to update to 2.2.12 for firmware.

The issue we are having now is we can not play any shows we’ve recorded. Getting a playback error, and something about the Tablo being reassigned. @TabloSupport @TabloTV

Try recording a new show. Supposedly shows recorded on 2.2.12 will not play on 2.2.10 due to significant API changes

What firmware version are you running now?

@TabloSupport @TabloTV. So, I updated the firmware and now I can watch shows again. Well keep an eye on the tablo to see if it does it’s connecting issue again.

Some users have been posting this issue and have been told it is a firmware bug in 2.2.12 that causes the unavailability of the Tablo.

Everything’s been working fine until just now. Right at 10:00 PM PST… the Tablo immediately stopped working. I can’t connect to it anymore.

Not sure what’s going on… but I can not connect anymore. I have a 3 fast blinking, 3 slow blinking, 3 fast blinking, repeat. @TabloSupport @TabloTV

Check the Jan 20 post by Tablo Support, mate. Tablo stopped responding and blue light appeared to be blinking an error code

Thanks! I can say that right under the silver logo in the front of the device, right underneath on the bottom… its SCOLDING HOT. I’m talking burning your finger hot. So, I put the Tablo on its side to see if that will make a difference. After another reset, I’ve been able to access my Tablo but I fear that later tonight it will stop working again.

Something seems odd, mate. I just touched my Tablo4 in the same place you described and it barely even register as warm to my fingers.

Your Tablo will get very toasty if it’s connected to your network wirelessly.

Connected via WIRED.

As an update @TabloSupport @TabloTV

I performed the Factory Restore after my device again would not connect. This was done yesterday. Tablo again is now messing up and doing the same SOS lights. I actually was recording a video of what was happening when the Tablo started blinking SOS for first time since the factory restore.

I’m at a loss for words at this moment.

My only suggestion is return your Tablo from the retailer and get a new one. Very weird behaviour.

Maybe the device is defective.

Tablo Support had reached out to me last week to replace my device. Still awaiting tracking information, etc.