Can’t stream over T-Mobile One Plus Unlimited Plan

Having IPV6 as the the primary stack doesn’t necessary mean that the IPV4 stack isn’t available. Unless your ISP provider doesn’t support IPV4 and your local router has IPV4 disabled and some of your personal devices don’t support IPV4 is there really an issue.

If your so concerned that Tablo’s implementation of IPV6 doesn’t meet your requirements, move on to another product.

Who are you, and what have you done to zippy? :wink:

It is certainly correct to say there isn’t going to be any new IPv4 deployed, and that there absolutely will be an increasing number of IPv6 only, dual stack native, and transition technology networks.

It is the away from home, whether mobile on one or more operators in North America, or overseas that a Tablo customer is likely to run into a problem scenario, not from the couch.

With IPv6 having been specified in 1995 and major operators committing to permanently turn it on in 2012, I think it is a safe bet to say v4 will be with us much longer than one might anticipate, c.f. “long tail of the internet”.

CIDR is what kept the “emergency” from happening… generally speaking IPv6 is setup like early IPv4 (we’ll never run out of addresses!!).

I’m sorry for raising @zippy 's hackles. From what I’ve observed in the forums, and talking with consumers in day to day life, Tablo has the highest degree of spouse satisfaction of the common choices. 5.1 Surround support was a show-stopper for me. That obviously changed.

To answer @Radojevic, I’ve lurked for over a year. This thread discusses problems with two providers, Apple and T-Mobile, also important to spouse satisfaction.

I’ve observed some things about the way Tablo has evolved. Professionally, I’m a system integrator with a background in a number of platforms and technologies. I suggested Tablo improve their IPv6 compatibility because I believe this type of problem will be increasingly common. I also thought the explanation was thin, given available cloud environments’ ability to set up virtual systems and networks.

The statement, and question were for zippy. :slight_smile:
Like when my son takes out the garbarge before he’s asked…
“Who are you, and what have you done with my son?”

He still doesn’t think that’s funny.

I have 18-20 devices connected to my ISP router. And only two reserve a link local and IPV6 stateless address - a newer Amazon Fire TV Stick and Tablo.

All the others only seem interested, without human intervention, with IPV4.

So unless you are or plan to be a T_Mobil user of a certain phone manufacture I don’t see why someone would become fixated on Tablo/T-Mobile and IPV6.

You would think they would be interested in whether Tablo works with the major ISP providers and IPV6.

1 Like

I’m a new TabloTV user having only installed mine about 3 hours ago. The first thing I tried was streaming my TV channels over my iPhone on T-Mobile. Obviously, it did not work.

This is an issue that is not new to me. I have a Samsung SmartCam (webcam) which sends motion detection alerts when I am away from home. I cannot receive a live stream from it for the same reason as stated above in reference to TabloTV. It used to work fine on AT&T wireless. My work-around is to tether my iPad to my iPhone hotspot. The stream works fine on the iPad. This has been an issue ever since I changed carriers to t-Mobile about a year ago. T

I’m not happy that I have to continue utilizing a work-around when I travel for TabloTV in addition to my webcam. I hope the issue is resolved in the near future.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I believe the issue lies with T-Mobile. Not being able to watch on my smart phone/tablet apps is what has kept me from switching to T-Mobile (Currently AT&T). This seems to be an issue only with T-Mobile , so far. So I think T-Mobile is who you would need to address about fixing it.

2 Likes

I still can’t access my Tablo on my iPhone 7+ remotely. I can’t connect and see everything but when I try to play any of my recordings, it just shows a black screen and never starts. Any fixes??? Its more than frustrating!

You must be at home , with the Tablo and smartphone both on the same network when setting up Tablo Connect.

Yes I can do that but I can’t watch anything when away from home. That’s the bad part. App is useless when not at home.

Submit a ticket to Tablo Support (unfortunately they don’t open till Monday). It usually works.

I think the problem is with Apple, since I CAN stream Tablo on my Galaxy S9, which is Android. Android can handle it, but not the iPhone. The simple solution is change to an Android phone. The problem is there aren’t enough iPhone users that have a Tablo that can all leave to send a message to Apple. This problem has been going on for a long time.

1 Like

I’ve got the Samsung Galaxy S9 on T Mobile’s One Unlimited 55 plan, and have no issues streaming Tablo. My old S6 worked on T Mobile as well.

1 Like

I think it is strange that Tablo has no problems streaming on Android phones away from home on T-Mobile but doesn’t work on iPhone. Does anyone have an iPhone and some provider besides T-mobile, and if so, does your Tablo work away from home?

1 Like

The only issue is iPhones on TMobile. All other cell phone networks work fine.

Yes , I use an AT&T iPhone 6S Plus and it works, outside my home. Hence why I believe the issue lies with T-Mobile.

Looks like @TabloTV is avoiding this issue now.

Yes, maybe T-Mobile jumped the gun with ipv6 and since you can force ipv4 on iPhone we have this issue. Some of you ask why should they fix a problem that only affects a certain customer. Well because that’s what a company should do. Name one major streaming company including cameras that did not develop a fix for this?

1 Like

Well stated.

1 Like