Billy Joel Live and Tablo can't play it ? 9pm EST

Maybe he read the part where I asked twice if you could run a channel scan to see how things were going but completely ignored it.

How do you know it wasn’t a reception issue? Each device connected through your house antenna will tug at the signal in different ways. Interference is possible. But you don’t seem willing to do a couple basic tests ON your Tablo to find out what the issue is… and TBH, I’m tired of trying to help people that won’t help themselves.

I’m not offering any further advice until we have an estimate of what your signal is like ON YOUR TABLO ITSELF. There are things we can try – other than blaming the Tablo company when basic trouble-shooting hasn’t even been tried.

1 Like

Not all tuners are built the same… some can run on low / high RF signal comin in. Some can’t.

What’s I’m saying is… Maybe you’re coming in too HOT for the Tablo or coming in too weak for the Tablo.

1 Like

Using that same logic, I would suggest you submit a support ticket then (assuming you haven’t already), so you can work directly with the support folks to troubleshoot your issue(s)…

https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

I appreciate the suggestion, but 9 times out of 10 @TabloSupport just suggests reboots, etc. Been down that path quite a few times now.

Troubleshooting was done, but apparently you forgot that.

When? Not once did you say that you rescanned through the Tablo to show what it had for signal strength!

So in your opinion, I should have to run a channel scan when the app goes belly up. That’s not a very good premise to use. At this rate, I would be scanning channels 2 or 3 times a week. Now how does that make sense. Did you consider the out of sync channel guide at all, since they rely on this quite a bit?

Because it lets you know if you have a weak signal, which might be causing your issues!

No one said run it fifty times… But if you’re getting a message saying playback error, you gotta know if it’s the antenna signal!

Again, that doesn’t make sense when all other TVs are fine running on one source.

Because it’s not the same RECEIVER!

Maybe @TabloTV can explain it to you, but you don’t seen to want help from them, either!

Ok, you made your point. But I have a total of 8 tvs, 7 of which had no signal issues. So IMHO, that logic is flawed.

And none of them have a Tablo tuner.

I’ll give ya one bit for free despite my frustration…

Play with the amp setting on the Tablo… But you’ll have to run a few scans to see how it compares.

Ok, despite all the other evidence, I will investigate that.

@269587

I have a pre-amp on my Channel Master antenna. And Tablo amplification was on. So I assume you’re logic is there is too much signal on one channel only?

If you have one amp on already, theirs usually no need for a second.

Especially since you say everything else has a great signal. All you can do is test it.

For my setup here, one Tablo has amp on but antenna amp off. The other is the complete opposite. The one have to my mom has both on.

I have one especially tricky station, ironically the one that you’re show was on last night. But because the Tablo doesn’t give a live meter, the best we can do is rescan when there is a signal issue.

Besides, channels often make the slightest frequency changes and may need to be resecured… I’ve also seen other devices where bad weather knocked the station out completely although only the main channel was effected. IDK if this happens on Tablo, but I haven’t seen it

And you know providers recommend a rescan every couple of months anyway…

IDK. All we can do is try to help. I know that the Tablo support feels like a joke sometimes… But if we run out of ideas, at least you’ll have a ticket open to refer to whether you call or use email…

Yeah, I meant more to officially “document” your issues in case it’s somehow determined you have a defective unit, etc. Would help more with warranty replacement if it goes that direction.

1 Like

That’s great advice.

All we can do as customers is educated guesses. One theory I have is when a very popular program, be it Billy Joel or say the Super Bowl, Tablo may not be handling the load on their servers. From my point of view being a server admin, I think that’s a strong possibility at this point. Because before and after this big TV event, the signal was fine.

That is exactly what happened to me. Try turning off the tablo amp off, rescan ans see what happens.

1 Like