Beta Testing

Last call:

Please PM me with your serial number and email address if you’re interested in beta testing. If you’ve already sent it, no need to send it again. Cheers!

I will beta test any apps as I think I have just about every device at this point.

What’s the eta on beta testing?

@guck11 We pushed out the beta firmware to ~20 Tablos yesterday. If you enter your Tablo app, you should receive a prompt to upgrade.

We’ll test the backwards compatibility (firmware updated, not the clients) for a day or so, and then we’ll push out the client (app) betas.

We’ve sent out instructions for each individual platform containing steps on how to install the beta software on your devices. When you get the email  If you have any questions, let me know. We’ll be sending out client betas soon-ish :slight_smile:

@TabloSupport.  I got nada.  Laura was arranging continued Beta access for @DavidVR and I.

@TabloSupport I got nada also

I also haven’t received the update yet… Just checked… no prompt yet

strike that… just got the prompt :slight_smile:  Upgrading now.

@PiX64 I was missing your available devices and MAC - I’ve got them now and have added you to the list. You should receive a prompt shortly.

@DavidVR Can you PM me your MAC along with the devices you have available for testing?

Got it and rocking the new firmware thanks!  so far very nice speed improvements.  Cant; wait for the frontend updates coming tomorrow!

@PiX64 where are you seeing the speed improvements? And are you on 2 tuner or 4 or both?

I am running 4 tuner and with .15 I am seeing huge improvements on the quickness to respond to things such as

- Displaying fanart
- displaying recording info
- starting recordings
- starting live tv
- exiting live tv
- searching

@PiX64 after I asked you I did notice the art was much faster on the iPad. And on Browser once the initial load on first view is done.

I am on 2 tuner

Starting live TV for me did not seem any faster at all for me. still 15-20 seconds
Starting recordings does not seem faster.
Searching does not seem faster either.
This is on iPad and Browser

Is the 4 tuner that much more powerful than 2?

@TabloSupport per our last email exchange did you get me signed up for the beta program?

@TabloSupport I got nada also

I got the update but the announcement screen was a little bumpy. I set the Tablo page to load, went to putter around the kitchen for a bit, and by the time I came back it came up but just as I went to scroll down it proofed and went to my recordings page. I had to disconnect then relog to get it to come back up.

So far so good performance and scheduling wise. I did have a question regarding one of the new features, but I’m not sure if it’s okay to discuss those here?

Also, a small but helpful feature request… Is it possible to add in a list of changes (change log) for the current release somewhere to the settings screen? :slight_smile:

Where would you guys like feedback. Email, forum PM, or in this thread?

@clrprsntdngr they said support@tablotv.com

Still have not seen the prompt to update. Tried web app, iOS, android and no prompt to update.

@clrprsntdngr they said support@tablotv.com

I should really re-read emails before posting doh!

@clrprsntdngr that’s ok, I asked them earlier :slight_smile: So we both need to re-read… I guess the excitement got to me