Austin TX Tablos

What antenna do you have? I have an indoor Winegard FL5500A. I don’t get channel 17 except with it. I have a Mohu Leaf directly on the TV from when I had cable and KXAN was off cable. In the year I’ve been a cord cuttet I’ve learned a lot.

I have Amazon basics version of the mohu leaf with a 35 mile range. I put it in the attic facing northeast. I get the Killeen stations that are like 70 miles away with rarely a low signal. Today, I noticed my PBS 18.x channels are breaking up but they have a good signal strength (69%). Can you check your reception now and let me know how it is? Do you recommend a Wineguard? I heard they were good.

Tablo on my S7 is broke for watching while they figure out the flashing green since the last Samsung/T-mobile upgrade.

The antenna I have is amplified and is designed for VHF and UHF so your channel 62 should improve

Channel 7.4 program guide on Tablo should be in Central Time soon. Holly contacted them yesterday.
Zap2it had the listing wrong, which is why it is wrong on Tablo.

Looked like 7.4 schedule was corrected as of this morning.

So it did…I didn’t let the phone finish syncing. That was fast. No to cancel manual and set up using the EPG.

Hope the flashing green gets fixed that fast, but at least I have enough other devices to watch on.

FYI - I found a schedule for BOLDTV, which is channel 20.2. I’m going to see if the guide provider will go from the schedule link
http://boldtvnetwork.com/index.php/boldtv-schedule

TV Guide finally had METV 7.4. Note I had to make my zip code 78753 to make channel 62 sh I was up. I have the TV Guide app installed on my phone. I wish the Tablo guide would display like this does.

Hey everyone! First time caller, long time listener…love the show, great topic.

As my first post, I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread as it was very helpful for me to get a Tablo set up for my Austin area home.

To contribute my findings in hopes that it helps someone else with their decision-making, I have set up an RCA Yagi antenna in my attic pointing SSE toward the towers, and I get 5/5 dots for all of the following stations:

(HDTV in Bold)

7-1 KTBC-HD (720p)
7-2 KTBC-SD
7-3 Buzzr
7-4 MeTV
18-1 KLRU-HD
18-2 KLRU-CR
18-3 KLRU-Q
18-4 KLRU-VM
23-1 KXLK-CD
23-2 KXLK-CD
24-1 KVUE-DT
24-2 NVUE-TV
24-3 KVUE-3
31-1 KTFO-CD
31-2 KAKW-DT
36-1 KXAN-DT
36-2 COZI
36-3 Ch3
42-1 KEYE-DT
42-2 NEYE-TV
46-1 KNCT-HD
46-2 World
46-3 Create
54-1 KNVA-HD
54-2 GRIT
54-3 LAFF
62-1 KAKW-DT
62-2 KTFO-CD
62-3 GetTV
62-4 Escape

There’s definitely a lot out there, and the Tablo experience has been worth it so far! (even scores pretty well on the WAF)

Hope that helps anyone curious…

Don’t know how I’m getting 17 or 20 (and the subs) but do understand RF- trees, buildings, etc. I’m using a Winegard FL5500A in my bedroom window pointing south. It is amplified. I live around West Rundberg and North Lamar.

@Mikey711 - I have the same RCA Yagi antenna, has worked out really well (mounted in the rafters in my garage).

I’m in the Detroit area and many of the stations I receive have very poor content. Suggest only adding those stations you’ll actually watch/record - will keep the Tablo database smaller and may help with syncing peformance.

Since I don’t understand Spanish or watch infomercials I have edited them all out.

I think Austin is done getting new stations for a while, though 14 doesn’t have any sub ch as Noel’s and 7 could get 1 more subchannel.

That’s a good tip, and I should have clarified that my list was all signals that I could practically receive versus what I am pulling into the guide.

As another quick point to my setup, I did not need to pull down any radiant barrier in my attic to facilitate a good signal. There is a lot online as to whether this was going to be a problem, and it wasn’t in my case with this antenna. YMMV.

@js98 and I are going to meet at 10 AM Saturday, 4 June at Starbucks at Guadalupe and 38th Street - 3706 Guadalupe.

Hope to see some additional people. See the famous flashing green on Tablo on S7 and see Tablo on Android N beta on a nexus 9 tablet.

The 17s are c9lor pattern or nothing. I’ll check them again in a month.

Hi @beastman good meeting up with you this morning. Good cord cutting discussion.

I would also mention that hoopladigital.com (thanks @davidrob) offers contemporary movies and TV shows for free through public library membership. The number varies by location, Austin public library includes six (6) free shows a month.

Good meeting up with you. I tried hoopla.com and it is a game playing site. Nothing to stream. How do I find the streaming?

https://www.hoopladigital.com

1 Like

Thanks

Hi all,
I just received my Tablo this week along with its free antenna that came with Tablo.
I live in 78717 (NW of Austin). With their antenna by a South facing window I only receive 17 stations with the 46(s) in orange everything else green.
I moved antenna to attic now all below in green.
I like to upgrade antenna. I like to add the fox7 plus whatever else.

14-1 KBVO-CD 1080i
18-1 KLRU-HD 1080i
18-2 KLRU-CR 480i
18-3 KLRU-Q 480i
18-4 KLRU-VM 480i
24-1 KVUE-DT 1080i
24-2 NVUE-TV 480i
24-3 KVUE-3 480i
31-1 KTFO-CD 1080i
31-2 KAKW-DT 1080i
36-1 KXAN-DT 1080i
36-2 COZI 480i