Archiving Shows

I have a Tablo 4-channel with a 5 TB drive. I am using Roku 3’s for streamers. While I am happy with the setup, I am starting to fill up my hard drive and would like to archive some of the content to free up space for additional recordings. I was thinking of setting up a Dell Inspiron 3050 I3050-4427BLK Micro Mini Desktop Computer as a media server with an external 5 TB hard drive to archive the media. I was thinking of setting up the Micro Mini Desktop Computer as a Plex media server for the content I plan on archiving. I wanted to know if this makes sense and if anyone has any suggestions or alternative options for my plan. I have a number of questions, such as - Can I copy the files from the hard-drive I use for Tablo and put them in the hard drive for the Micro Mini Desktop Computer? Could I just attach the hard-drive I use for the Tablo to the Micro Mini Desktop Computer? If so, would the files already be organized or would I need to set up folders? Any thoughts or suggestions from the community?

2 Likes

Search for Jestep’s Tablo Exporter.