Apple TV Beta Testers?

I would like to be in on the fun as well. Looking forward to not having to depend on AirPlay in order to enjoy Tablo.

Thanks so much!
Simeon

I would appreciate being added to the list as well :wink:

Ordered Apple TV Gen 4 and will be looking forward to a native Tablo app as i have completely given up on the Roku/Tablo combination. Thought there might be some hope with Roku 4 but now note “Loading Please Wait” issues persist. Throughout this Roku/Tablo thrash the Apple TV has been rock solid.

1 Like

@cmahy - It’s early days yet so I don’t have a specific ETA. Building a fully featured app for Tablo does take time so I can tell you it won’t be available at launch. Once we have a better sense for how progress is going we’ll be able to make a better guestimate on when it will be ready for QA then testing.

3 Likes

Ok thanks, I’m holding off buying one until the beta or the app gets released. Let us know, I’ll purchase once its ready.

@strav22 - As soon as we have enough details to share we will share them.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Right now it’s the only reason I’m still hanging on to the Tablo.

After getting the Hulu no commercials package, I hardly watch anything live through broadcast and recorded through Tablo – just a couple of CBS shows since they are not on Hulu.

A great Apple TV app might make it worth it to watch more through Tablo. Hopefully it’s something that doesn’t take too long since there are already iOS apps as a foundation to adapt and build from.

Hopefully you don’t have data Caps. I don’t but the Tablo is basically my preparation of them coming. I’m watching the Bulls game right now, live in 1080p, beautiful and requires no internet connection.

1 Like

No data caps so far. I guess I’ll see if it stays that way since I’m definitely using a ton of data between streaming Hulu, HBO, Showtime and Netflix.

**By the way, Tablo getting an app out there early on before the App Store is flooded with a ton of apps would get the platform a lot of visibility. Hopefully that is encouraging them to work quickly.

2 Likes

How much is this said Hulu per month though?

@theuser86 Dirt cheap. $12/month through hulu, or about $1.50/month by buying hulu gift cards on eBay. I’m stocked up until 2019 for less than $55. I only use tablo for live TV, same-day viewing now, and recording movies.

1 Like

I am willing to pay the $12 for the commercial free experience (definitely worth it) --it’s great to be able to just watch without even the distraction of having to fast forward – but you’re right, you can get it for even less if you buy the gift cards.

The fact that in addition to broadcast, it has Nick and Cartoon Network shows for the kids, plus Comedy Central and shows from a number on other networks and movies – makes it a really great value IMO.

The thing I don’t like is it isn’t consistent when shows from various networks become available. Some are next day, some are not.

I heard horror stories that people on ebay selling Hulu 12 month subscription that was purchased from stolen credit card. The code would work perfectly in the beginning, but once the CC owner report the fraudulent charge, Hulu will terminate the subscription immediately. I certainly hope this won’t happen to you, but also want the potential buyer beware of the risk :wink:

I have been buying hulu subscriptions off ebay for the last few years. I only buy from sellers with thousands of positive reviews. Thanks for the warning though.

Picked up my new AppleTV yesterday and had a pleasant surprise. When watching Tablo via airplay, the remote can be used to forward through commercials and there are thumbnails! There were no thumbnails on the old AppleTV interface. The new remote is very slick when forwarding through commercials, so the thumbnail previews show up rather nicely.

2 Likes

If you used your remote with the old Apple TV there were thumbnail or at least there was on mine.

Didn’t realize they added that. I got rid of my older appletv several months ago. There were no thumbnails back then.

They might be listed alphabetical order.

Please add me to the list. My Apple TV arrived yesterday.

Actually, I just noticed the fast forward previews the other day on my old Apple TV – so they must have added that feature in the latest update. It’s a great feature.

1 Like