Antop Antennas!

I think that is going to be my next iteration. Since I cannot get all the way on the roof, I am pretty confident I can build some support structures that attach to the side of the house. I can then extend the pole upwards over the roof line. That will be the best I can reasonably do. Now just have to find the right brackets and what not to get it done. Thanks all! I appreciate the active input!

258s

1 Like

EXACTLY! I can do that! What are those and where do I find them! I can then go to the apex of the roof no problem since the anchors will be hidden on back side of house. I just dont know what to ā€œsearch forā€ in google to get those brackets! Suhweeeeet!

These:

3 Likes

This BTW is my all time favorite Antop mount. Merges right inā€¦if he only hid the cableā€¦ Could even mount a mailbox on the antenna. White picket antenna. The HOA wouldnā€™t even notice it.

2 Likes

That is fantastic, very clever! I would have run (white) coax cable down (and / or) along the fence, but whoā€™s to complain? Great work on this.

You could start a business where people would rent an picket to use for OTAā€¦ errā€¦ nevermindā€¦

1 Like

Anton AT-400BV is a very very good HDTV antenna.

Mounted just above roofline on San Diego mobile home. Pulls in all locals perfectly and even KTLA and many other LA stations.

Iā€™ve had many antennas mounted higher but this is by far the best reception. Nearly doubled stations after scan compared to other antennas.

5 Likes

No cheating.

Iā€™m not sure you can count KJLA(14 channels) or KXLA (12 channels) if you get them. I wish I could make them go away.

Way to go! Welcome to the Antop family (Tablo-Antop family?).

Fryā€™s may be having a one day at-400bv sale. Price in cart $81

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a deal! Same price added to my cart, free shipping. I have a $25 flat indoor that works fine and pulls in what I need, but thatā€™s hard to turn down!

Good catch. Just popped into a Frys and it looks like all Antop product is on sale. $81 for the 400BV is excellent.

I have a clearstream 2v that pulls in all the local English channels and many TJ Spanish stations. My clear streams 4v pulls in even more TJ Spanish stations. I donā€™t speak a word of Spanish.

So unless Elon Musk bores a tunnel through the mountain that blocks Mt Wilson signals it probably wouldnā€™t help.

But it is a great price with free shipping.

How are these (Antop AT-400BV) with VHF-Low signals? Several of my more watched local stations have switched to VHF-Low during the repack and my current HDB8X is becoming glitchy now.

Thanks!

Paging @MarkKindle

Check out some of the posts regarding LO VHF above in this thread. The specs on the AT-400BV are ambiguous. The Antop website says that the AT-400BV does not process the LO VHF frequencies. The Amazon site says it does. Where did Amazon get these specs?

Given the size of the receiving elements inside the AT-400BV, I have doubts whether it can get LO VHF. The attaching rods are for HI VHF and are not the size for the LO VHF frequency wavelengths.

I think you would be taking a chance on getting it with LO VHF (channels 2-6) in mindā€¦ HI VHF would be fine (channels 7-13).

BTW Frys lists the frequency range as:
87.5-230MHz, 470-700MHz

So no LO VHF support.

The user provided little information on the lo-vhf stations. Such as distance, same direction, and LOS/1edge/2edge.

The HDB8X specs state hi-vhf only 25 mile limit. Yet the user gets some reception with pixelation/glichy.

Pretty hard to guess lo-vhf reception.

So you didnā€™t pick one up as a Christmas present?

So funny you mention that, I did pick one up. Iā€™m going to use it, either for a cabin in Bainbridge or as a gift to a friend (who recently pulled the plug).